SAP for Utilities Discussions
Connect with fellow SAP users to share best practices, troubleshoot challenges, and collaborate on building a sustainable energy future. Join the discussion.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Automatic Meter Reading Monitoring : Is estimation possible?

0 Kudos

Hi Experts,

My company is working for a Domestic Client in India and recently we have got a situation where electricity connection is provided to the consumer without a meter but as it is against regulations, they used to do give the connection against a dummy meter which is physically not there in the consumer's premises but it is there in the system. Now the requirement is like we have to do automatic estimation for those Dummy meters based on periodic consumption and they are not going to enter meter readings

Is it possible to do it using EL30 or EL32. Though I have managed an entry in Define Automatic Monitoring of Meter Reading Data, it is not executing the user exit EXIT_SAPLEL01_020. So it will become irrelevant to write code inside ZXELXU14.

Step by step solution would be appreciated. If possible kindly mention any cookbook available.

With Regards,

Arghya

3 REPLIES 3

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Arghya,

There could be 2 approaches to acheive these,

EL30 - Estimation of MR document

Different Selection criteria can be provided  for estimation; however you have to explicitly pass required Installation/devices for estimation.

EL32 - Auto Monitoring of MROs

Writing a code in ZXELXU14 and pass Y_NO_ESTIMATION as blank for cases where you need to do estimation.

Let me know which is the best suited for you and more info if required.

Thanks,

Ranjit Thakur.

0 Kudos

Hi Ranjit,

Thanks for your quick response. Now if I want to go for EL32, what are the configuration I have to do in spro? I was trying to debug EL32 but it was not at all executing the function module. If I write code in ZXELXU14 will that work?

Kindly mention any cookbook if available for Monitoring of MR Result.

Thanks,

Arghya

0 Kudos

Hi Arghya,

I assume you have already done config for this.

Sample is as follows,

Verify the following,

1. Check your config against MR order for which you are trying to estimate the reads.

2. Also check ND (which is 14 in sample config) is number of days after which your action will be executed.

3. Check if you have selected Factory Calender then exit will be called only after 14 Working days.

(Factory Calender used would be FC assigned to MRU). If it is uncheck then exit will be called only after 14 Calender days.

4. Check Scheduled MR Date of MR order. 

Example - Scheduled MR Date - 01.01.2012

Action will be executed on/after 16.01.2012 (01.01.2012 + 15 days).

http://scn.sap.com/docs/DOC-32245

Thanks and Regards,

Ranjit Thakur.