Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Container Operation

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,
I have an RFC to RFC interface.

In source RFC I get a table. In the target RFC I can only process one record at a time. Also, I have to build all the answers of  

RFC destination table also return them to the RFC origin, the latter did not working, the response source RFC is empty: I have:

- An operation container

responseM is Multiline

response isn't multiline

Both are of the type response RFC (source)

This is in a block

Outside the block, we have a step Transformation:

And OM_ResponseMultilinea:

Source                                                             Target

ResponseRFCSource      0..unbound                  ResponseRFCSource 1

Where I have the error?

Thanks and regards,

Silvia

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

any idea?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Silvia,

If I am correct your requirement is as follows:

responseM(source - Multiline) ->response(Single line)

You don't need the transformation step to break the responseM to response instead use the Block(if required within the block) if they are of the same type.

If not, then use a Block

The Block will take each line of responseM message and use in the block. Please set Block to ForEach. Now define a variable similar to ResponseM Interface type (for eg. BAPI_RESPONSE_ABS) but do not check multiline and keep it restricted to this block. Do the transformation here.

Are you sending the response somewhere and receiving some value?If yes, use a synchronous send step and then use a container (with append) to store the value. Now, outside the Block you will have to define another variable for the process of the type response but here check Multiline and select Process. After this step use the send step.

If you want to send response directly, then put a send step within this block.

I hope this helps.

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

gagandeep_batra
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Silvia,

In source RFC I get a table. In the target RFC I can only process one record at a time

i am not sure about this but can u check your operation mapping for first request, means

your Sender structure is unbounded records  and  for receiver you can map with only one occurrence record.

Regards

Gagan

Former Member
0 Kudos

That's it.

For entry process i use a container operation and a block, the problem I have when I accumulate the answers to come source empty