cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Role - Last Changed by User

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

currently I am searching for an possibility to check, which user has last changed a role.

When I open PFCG Display Role there are some administration information which show "created" and "changed" information with userID, date and time. But I have no clue where this information is read from.

E.g. if I analyse the change-log for a role, the last "change" was an user-assignment on 25.09.2012 by user XYZ.

But if I check the administration information the role was last changed on 01.10.2012 by user ABC.

And to make the confusion complete, after 2 hours I checked again and now I see the last change in 23.07.2012 by user DEF.

In general I would expect, that his "last changed" information is the same as the last change in the changelog, which was executed by transaction PFCG. E.g. user-assignments with su01/su10 should not affect the last change date of roles.

Does anybody has a full definition how this last-changed information is derived and how reliable it is?

Thanks in advance,
Patrick

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

steverumsby
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Changes to role assignment are stored stored in the change documents table (CDHDR/CDPOS) alongside all other changes. All changes, whether to role definition or tole assignment, use object type PFCG in those tables.

If you are following standard practice and making changes to role definitions only in your development system then I would expect all changes to roles in production to be changes to assignment.

Steve.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Steve.

So the "Last Changed" user in PFCG is always derived from the change-documents-tables by object type PFCG?

If this is the case, have you ever heared about any scenario where there is temporarily a different user with todays date shown in PFCG directly but not in the changelog? After some hours this changed back to the last user from the changelog.

Best regards,

Patrick

steverumsby
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

No, I've never see that happen, nor heard of it happening. You'd expect change dates to only go forwards in time, not backwards! I'm trying to think of a scenario that might trigger such behaviour, but I can't. Have you seen this only once, or does it happen regularly?

If I really wanted to figure out what was going on I'd start by running an SQL trace to see where PFCG was getting its data, and then reach for the ABAP debugger. But allow a fair chunk of time for this - such investigations can take longer than you think...