SAP for Public Sector Discussions
Foster conversations about citizen engagement, resource optimization, and service delivery improvements in the public sector using SAP.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Resource related billing in Grants Management

atif_farooq
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi:

I have never worked on RRB in SAP Grants Management, i have always used manual billing to cater these. Now i want to know about these RRB types in Grants Management. My SD guy have configured necessary configuration for GM billing and i have been able to create Sale order with billing rule 1, now when i try to post its billing document via GM_RRB_IND i get an error

No expenditure items found

Message no. VPK1310

I am not sure about this error. Please suggest me the solution to it. I also want to know the purpose of other type of billings like RRB-Payments, RRB-Commitments & RRB-Liabiltites.

Regards

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

sjajodia
Contributor
0 Kudos

Atif,

It appears that the Dynamic Item Processor (DIP) is not picking up costs posted to the grant. For this you will need to create sets of sponsored classes and sponsored programs that will contain the costs and assign them to the appropriate DIP profile for billing in SD. Further the billing rules identify the value types to be included in billing. For example Billing Rule 3 Liabilities would include 99 (cost whether paid or not), etc.

Thanks

Shyam

View solution in original post

12 REPLIES 12

Former Member
0 Kudos

Atif,

It is Resource Related Billing. so, you have to have some kind of costs such as activity types or material cost etc. posted to sales order or customer service order. Otherwise there is nothing to bill to your cusomer.

Regards,

Ming

0 Kudos

Hi:

Thanks for your reply. i want to know about RRB types stated above, like RRB -Payment, RRB-liabilties & RRB-Commitments. In which instances above types will be used. Please guide me if you have knowledge regarding them,

Regards

0 Kudos

Hi Atif,

I have never configured GM and do not have the knowledge regarding how RRB works in GM.

We use RRB in SD. The idea behind it is that you do not have a fixed price for the sales order. The price depends on the actual resources used to fulfill the order. In our case we bill our customers based on the costs in PM service orders. Labor cost can be recorded to service order through HR timesheet or PM time confirmation. To control the billing process, PM orders and SD documents need to have a so called DIP profile (Dynamic Item Processor Profile). In the DIP profile, resources are specified in the form of Activity Type group or Cost Element group. The Pricing Procedure in the sales document needs to be EK01 (Actual Cost). Transaction DP01 will create a debit memo request (an SD document) based on the labor cost booked to the service order. Transaction VF01 will bill the customer based on the debit memo request.

I believe the error message you encountered is becourse you have never booked any cost/expenditure (which should be the source of the billing) to the sales order.

Regards,

Ming

sjajodia
Contributor
0 Kudos

Atif,

It appears that the Dynamic Item Processor (DIP) is not picking up costs posted to the grant. For this you will need to create sets of sponsored classes and sponsored programs that will contain the costs and assign them to the appropriate DIP profile for billing in SD. Further the billing rules identify the value types to be included in billing. For example Billing Rule 3 Liabilities would include 99 (cost whether paid or not), etc.

Thanks

Shyam

0 Kudos

Hi Shyamal:

At last i managed to post SD billing document for the expenses i incurred in GM . In the meanwhile i came across many issues on which i want you to shed light.

1..Having selected Billing rule 1, i create a Grant, post its budget and consume it in FI. Now through GM_RRB_IND when i try to post document it simply creates debit memo request saying no accounting document generated, upon viewing sale order i saw net price is zero, when i maintain it, i get another error, it is that cost center that was linked to sponsored classes in GMDERIVE is shown in error message saying that it is blocked for Revenue posting, now i have two concerns

a. Do we really have to maintain the prices in VA02 as per the Expenses that consumed Grant, shouldn't system automatically update price as soon as it creates debit memo request ?

b.Why is the cost center that i maintained in GMDERIVE against expense Cost element and sponsored class retrieved when i try to release document via VF02 saying its blocked for revenue posting, revenue GL is has been created with 11 category in KA01 ?

Your guidance is required.

Regards

Former Member
0 Kudos

Atif,

Are you sure you need a sales order? In our case, since costs are booked to a service order, a debit memo is created directly. If you choose to post revenue to a cost center, make sure in cost center master, 'Actual revenues' lock is not checked.

Regards,

Ming 

0 Kudos

Hi:

Of course i am sure that automated billing for expenses incurred against budget assigned in GM is required  . I have tested it and in GM automated billing is working excellent. I know we can remove the tick against of Actual revenue in cost center, what i asked that why is system requiring user to enter cost center at the time of billing , this cost center is same which is mentioned in derivation rule to derive sponsored, sponsored program & fund in GM Budget consumption postings.

Regards

Former Member
0 Kudos

Atif,

Check your Debit Memo Request. Double click on the line item and click on the account assingment tab. The account assignment object specified here is the one that will be inherited by the billing document. Ours is always a PM service order, the one that RRB gets the costs from.

Regards,

Ming

0 Kudos

Hi Minghong:

Please see the revenue document that gets generated. It is created by first creating a debit memo request in GM_RRB_IND, there system issue information message that accounting document could not be generated. Consequently i have to go to VF02 to release it to accounting where i face error that the cost centers (which you can see in entries) are blocked for revenue posting, i have to unblock them.

I have created revenue GL 711019 Commitment item master as statistical . In account assignment tab of VA02 there is nothing regarding commitment item, fund center or fund or cost center, neither i have mentioned cost center to be derived for this revenue GL, These cost centers are only attached to the sponsored class of the particular grant. Its really confusing.

Regards

Former Member
0 Kudos

Atif,

Please read the point 7 of the link below:

http://help.sap.com/erp2005_ehp_06/helpdata/EN/66/32373b832afc47e10000000a11402f/content.htm

Obviously the revenue element needs a CO object. Since you do not use any order or wbs, the only possible cost object is CC. From what you described, GM RRB gets it from sponsor class, which is somewhat equivalent to a cost element group. Does not appear too odd to me.

0 Kudos

Hi Minghong:

Thanks i am clear now.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi. I have the same problem:

when i try to post billing document via GM_RRB_IND i get an error

No expenditure items found

Message no. VPK1310

I have done next steps:

1) created sets of sponsored classes and sponsored program

2) assign sets to the appropriate DIP profile

3) assign value types to DIP profile

4) assign sourse GMD1 to DIP profile

4) made billing rule config.

5) assign billing rule in Grant master

6) sales order is created automatically

As I understand data for billing is stored in GMIA table. The data is available (type 99) in this table. But no expenditure items found. Also no expenditure in GM Billing Report (S_ALN_01000534). I do not use WBS or Internal order in expenditure posting. Is it  mandatory for RRB in Grant management?