cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Issue while installing GUI for Java Env.

Sijin_Chandran
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello All ,

I am trying to install SAP GUI for Java Environment in  my  computer running Windows 7 ( 32 bit ) OS.

For that i first installed JRE for Windows 7 i.e jre-7-windows-i586

and after that i installed PlatinGUI720Windows_5

But i am not able to Login

Nothing is coming after showing below screen :

I have got already installed with GUI for Windows but i want to try this a well in my windows system .

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

This does sound like the installation went wrong. You can certainly have the Java GUI and Windows GUI installed together, and the Java GUI works fine with JRE 7. I have exactly the same setup as you (except with 64-bit Windows 7 rather than 32-bit) working ok.

I would try uninstalling and re-installing, maybe both the JavaGUI and JRE? Also, the latest version of the Java GUI is rev8 - try that rather than rev5.

There is an installation log file - the installer tells you where that is when the install is finished. The default location is /users/user/SAP Clients/SAPGUI for Java 7.20rev8/install.log. There may be something useful in there if the installation went wrong somehow.

If an uninstall/re-install doesn't work you'll probably have to speak to SAP support about it.

Steve.

Sijin_Chandran
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello Steve ,

Very thanks for your prompt reply .

Please provide me the link from where i can download Java GUI rev 8.

I will try with your suggestion of reinstalling all the programs again as well.

Former Member
0 Kudos

JavaGUI is in the "Installations and Upgrades" section of the service marketplace (http://service.sap.com/swdc). Choose "Browse our Download Catalog" from the left-hand menu and then "SAP Frontend Components"->"SAP GUI for Java".

Steve.

Sijin_Chandran
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello ,

I am getting this message when I am trying to download.

Sijin_Chandran
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Also i tried to reinstall rev5 no imporvement.

I guess something is wrong with the system components or the installation files.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hmmm. That's odd. I can't help with that, I'm afraid. You'll have to open a support message about it - there may be something odd about your S-user.

Sorry,

Steve.

jude_bradley
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Did you check the manual regarding the connection settings?
It's not the same as SAPGUI for Windows.

http://scn.sap.com/docs/DOC-4113

Jude

You need to talk to your account manager in getting access to SAP Downloads.