cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Outbound delivery with error VL248

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I'm creating urgently (for today) a sales order and the outbound delivery.

The sales order has as delivery date today but in scheduling system display tomorrow as date.

If I execute a availibility check system propose tomorrow as possible date.

If I verify with MMBE I can see that I have enough material in stock

When I try to create the outbound delivery from VL01N the error is:

No schedule lines due for delivery up to the selected date

Message no. VL248

Whenever a sales order and an outbound delivery are created with delivery date of today I get this error

Can You help me ?

Thanks

Best regards

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

former_member182378
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

zapgui,

In VL01N, field Selection date put tomorrow's date (or any date after tomorrow) and proceed.

Reading the F1 help of field "Selection date" in VL01N can clear you doubt.

Delivery selection date

The date with which you select the delivery that you want to process.

Procedure

If you also enter a sales order number, the system checks the delivery selection date against each schedule line for each item. If either the material availability date or the transportation planning date falls on or before the delivery selection date, the system copies the item into the delivery.

Side comment: I agree with Naren that this is a frequently discussed question.

Former Member
0 Kudos

I agree with You....but

- yesterday I created a sales order with delivery date 30 september (it was an emergency), system proposed 1st October as date of confirmed quantity. I tried to changed it but without any result;

- yesterday (30 of september) the material was available;

- today I can process the sales order created yesterday with confirmation date 1st of october and I can create today the delivery, yesterday wasn't possible to create the delivery with delivery date 30 of september

- Today I create a sales order with delivery date of 1st october and I created the delivery date with 1st of october without any problem

So, why yesterday (sunday) was't possible to do that (creating sales order and delivery with delivery date 30 september ?

Yesterday I tried to modify the schedule lines adding 30 of september but system created automatically another line with 1st october with confirmation quantity 1 and 0 for the line related to the day before

After this system generated error VL248

narasimhulu_konnipati
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

Which date you want create Sales Order and another's depends upon the "Factory Calender" (Factory Calender doesn't have Sunday as Woking Day) .If you didn't put Sunday in Holiday Calender,You can Create/do that day also .In your "Holiday Calender" had Sunday as a Holiday thats system shows automatically another day as a working day.

Please you can see so many threads about" Factory Calender" and "Holiday Calender" Details in Google.

Please let me know if you have any doubts.

Thanks,

NSK

former_member182378
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

I agree with Narasimhulu that the Factory calendar of the shipping point might be set in such a way that deliveries don't happen on Sundays.

As I suggested above, in VL01N, in field Selection date you could have given 1 Oct or any day later and then created the delivery.

In tab Item Overview, in field Actual GI date you could have given 30 Sept. and done the PGI (as material was available).

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

I agree with Narasimhulu that the Factory calendar of the shipping point might be set in such a way that deliveries don't happen on Sundays.

As I suggested above, in VL01N, in field Selection date you could have given 1 Oct or any day later and then created the delivery.

In tab Item Overview, in field Actual GI date you could have given 30 Sept. and done the PGI (as material was available).

former_member184065
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

Please check below thread .This query answered many times in SCN-Forum.

http://scn.sap.com/thread/1235126

If you have any doubts please let me know

Thanks,

Naren