cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SLD objects transport by CTS+

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Experts,

I have to transport SLD objects i.e. TS,BS,Products and SWCV. This is on 3 tier landscape and the systems are SID,SIQ and SIP.

Each tier has its own local SLD. I gone various blogs but confusion is still logging the final decision.

Please suggest which one to adopt:

a.SIQ as source and SIQ and SIP as Target

b. SIQ as source and SIQ as target, SIQ as source and SIP as Target.

Kindly share any documents and threads if any for these options.

Regards

--Rebecca

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

naveen_chichili
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Rebecca,

you can export the content you your local and then import in your Quality and Production servers.

After importing into your target servers you need to add the entries in your Business system --> Transport groups

like below:

For DEV target groups should be QAS and PRD

DEV -->QAS

PRD

For QAS source group should be DEV and target groups should be  PRD

DEV-->QAS-->PRD

For PRD source groups should be DEV and QAS

DEV-->PRD

QAS

Regards,

Naveen.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Naveen,

This is the summarization of the steps i can have from your input. Please correct me if there is any deviation.

================= SLD Content=============

1.     Login to DEV SLD, maintain the entries of ECC system and PI system of 3 landscape i.e. DEV, QAS and PRD. That means there will be 6 entries.

2.     Log in to DEV SLD , go to Administration link and in the content , select Export in the Content with Back Up as " All Instance”. Save it in the local machine in the .tpz format.

3.     Now log in to QAS and PRD SLD and import the SLD content which we have exported from DEV SLD in both QAS and PRD XI system.

==========Group and Transport Target==============

1.     In DEV SLD, create 3 Groups i.e. DEVGROUP,QASGROUP and PRDGROUP. In the DEVGROUP assign the ECC and PI of Development system. In the QASGROUP, assign the

ECC system as well as PI system of QAS. In the PRDGROUP, assign the ECC system as well as PI system of PRD.

2.     In DEV SLD, for ECC system as well PI system, the transport will be Integration Server (PI system)of QAS and PRD. There will be no source for DEV SLD

3.     Do I need to carry the same step for QAS SLD [i.e. Source as QAS and Target as PRD] and  for PRD SLD.

Regards

Rebecca

naveen_chichili
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Rebecca,

Yes you are correct.

Regards,

Naveen.

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Rebecca,

why you want to use CTS+ to import SLd content. CTS + is a very complex scenerio. You can use Import and Export method to transfer SLD content. refer following help link:

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nwpi71/helpdata/en/a2/706851b7e62a4b9e697bce3ede967a/content.htm

Thanks and Regards,

Vipin

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Vipin,

Thanks for your input. Please refer to the reply I did to Naveen.

Regards

Rebecca

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Rebecca,

Please refer to this very useful guide:

http://scn.sap.com/docs/DOC-14541

Regards, Trevor