Capabilities of SAP EPC - Enterprise Project Connection
We are planning to go for SAP EPC (Enterprise Project Connection) which is used for integration with Primavera(P6) and MS Projects. At present, our objective is to have two way integration between SAP and P6.This needs to be bidirectional, such as
- What I mean is that all resources Materials, Manpower (Own / Hired Employees), Equipments (Own / Hired) would need to be transferred to P6 along with the availability as Master Data.
- We would also transfer the entire BoQ to P6 or it might be entered in P6 manually.
- This would then get CTR (cost, Time and Resources) loaded in P6. So we should have some agreed standards between SAP and P6 for Project Structure (Project Definition, WBS Structure and Networksà Activity à Activity Elements).
- Planners would Time, Resource & Cost load the project in P6 and it should be bought into SAP.
- This would continue as and when Project Scope changes (variations, our plan changes, etc.)
- Possibility of P6 Project schedule transfers to SAP & SAP to P6 with updated progress.
- Once we update project progress details (along with time & overhead cost capture in SAP), we should be able to save it in P6 for reporting. This would be used to submit the report to client.
- At what extent we can use SAP EPC with MS Projects?
Expecting your valuable inputs & views on above mentioned requirement to go ahead with this integartion.
Releated to SAP EPC implementation, I do have few questions which is as follows, hoping some carifiactions on the same to go ahead with the SAP & P6 integration.
- Which version we should go, SAP EPC 1.0 or 2.0
- What are the technical & functional prerequisite for implementation?
- Is this integartion user friendly?
- What would be the average implementation time for SAP EPC?
- What all are the integartion benefits we can get?
Thanks & Regards,