Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

QM blocking a change to BUOM

former_member42743
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Looking for ideas.

On a golive project, after all master data was loaded, someone, (not QM!), decided that the BUOM was incorrect for about a half dozen materials.  They requested that it be changed.

No transactional data had been recorded against the material, I.e no inventory or any material movements, purchase orders, process orders, sales orders, etc.

Material was removed from all BOM's and inspection plans.

When we try to change the BUOM we get an error that the material is still attached to an inspection plan.

When we use SE16 to look at the MAPL table the assignment entry is still in the table but marked for deletion.

Technically, we should not be getting an error.  But we are.

To remove the MAPL record I believe I would have to archive the inspection plan.  Which means I have delete all other material assignments first. In addition, since the plan was used for other materials there are inspection lots using the plan that were created when inventory was first loaded.  So I'm pretty sure I would have to process the open inspection lots that use the plan, delete all material assignments to the plan and then archive the inspection plan.  This won happen as too many lots and other materials are involved and we can't process the open lots. (GMP Pharma business).

The other option is a direct table edit to remove the offending record directly.  Again, that won't happen in a GMP system.

I think the only option is to abandon these materials and create new materials for them and update the related master data.

Any thoughts or inputs?

FF

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Martin_H
Contributor
0 Kudos

Morning FF,

take a look at one of my blogs: http://scn.sap.com/community/erp/operations-qm/blog/2012/06/21/deleting-material-assignments-from-in...

There is a SAP standard report to remove assignments. Might be that your auditors accept this procedure, if you document it well. I already made use of this report and it worked very well.

Regards

MH

Answers (0)