cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

BI Mobile 4 and Linux

Former Member
0 Kudos

I need to install BI Mobile component in my deploy (SAP BusinessObjects BI 4.0 running in a Linux Server). The documentation says that you can not install the Mobile BI on Linux environment. Is there any alternative? Does anyone know if there is forecast for this feature to be available for Linux installations? Any workaround?

I can keep the BI Server on Linux and deploy only Mobile BI components on a Windows Server running Tomcat?

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Rogerio,

The support for BO Mobile for Linux is coming  with SP05 for BI 4.0 which in turn is tentatively expected to be released around December.

About your question:  "I can keep the BI Server on Linux and deploy only Mobile BI components on a Windows Server running Tomcat?"

Yes, you can do that.

-

Mihir

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

At this moment, it is still unclear as to which further upgrade will involve linux/unix support for mobiles.

however, as the workaround mentioned, CMS can be on a linux/unix machine, while the application server ( tomcat ) can be installed on a windows machine, which will take care of the mobile applications

Regards,

Atul B