cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Questions on Value mapping table entries

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I looked into the existing blogs and posts and found no answer for my requirement. They are as follows :

1. How to load mass entries into Value mapping tables in one-go without doing manually through user interface provided in Int Directory tools option (Not into the runtime cache) ? I should be able to display the added entries in the user interface provided by Directory tools.

2. How do we retrieve the Value mapping entries in XI through automated process ? In other words, for ex : a webservice request to XI to retrieve all the entries present in the value mapping table should give me a response from XI with all the entries in a flat file.

I appreciate your help for these two.

Regards

Ganesh

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ganesh,

There is no direct way of displaying Value Mapping and putting it into a file.

But u can design a Scenario where u can use java mapping to scan through all possible Source-Target Agency/Schema, get those value and push it as a file.

Refer the following blog and explore on the classe/Interfaces and methods.

<a href="/people/sukumar.natarajan/blog/2006/10/23/accessing-value-mapping-defined-in-directory-using-java-functions">/people/sukumar.natarajan/blog/2006/10/23/accessing-value-mapping-defined-in-directory-using-java-functions</a>

It is possible....

Regards,

Sudharshan

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

In value mapping , we can add the values in value mapping table, those can be used later, but not visible.. like ID ..

See the below links..

/people/sreekanth.babu2/blog/2005/02/23/value-mapping-replication

/people/sukumar.natarajan/blog/2006/10/23/accessing-value-mapping-defined-in-directory-using-java-functions

/people/sreekanth.babu2/blog/2005/01/05/design-time-value-mappings-in-xslt

Value Mapping replication - /people/sreekanth.babu2/blog/2005/02/23/value-mapping-replication

https://www.sdn.sap.com/irj/sdn/advancedsearch?query=value%20mapping%20in%20xi&cat=sdn_weblog

/people/community.user/blog/2007/01/08/valuemapping-using-the-graphical-mapping-tool

/people/alessandro.guarneri/blog/2006/03/27/sap-xi-lookup-api-the-killer

https://www.sdn.sap.com/irj/sdn/advancedsearch?query=value%20mapping%20in%20xi&cat=sdn_weblog

If these useful and your problem solved,points rewarded.

Regards

Chilla..

MichalKrawczyk
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

>>>>1. How to load mass entries into Value mapping tables in one-go without doing manually through user interface provided in Int Directory tools option (Not into the runtime cache) ? I should be able to display the added entries in the user interface provided by Directory tools.

a) use value mapping replication - via ABAP report from

file or db as you wish

b) this is not possible to display it via ID once you use value mapping replication you can only dispaly then via RWB

Regards,

michal

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Michal,

I want the one time load to value mapping table and not to runtime cache. The value mapping replication, as i understand, is to load data from external sources into runtime cache.

Please correct me if i am wrong.

Regards

Ganesh

MichalKrawczyk
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

hi,

>>>>I want the one time load to value mapping table and not to runtime cache.

I'm correcting you

value mapping uses values from the cache so you can you value

mapping replication for your purpose - but you will not

see those values from ID

Regards,

michal

Former Member
0 Kudos

I got the point. However, does it mean that, even if we want to load the value mapping tables FOR THE FIRST TIME using external source(there is no original data as such), the entries will not be visible in the user interface tool of ID ?

Regards

Ganesh

MichalKrawczyk
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

>>>> the entries will not be visible in the user interface tool of ID ?

I believe so

Regards,

michal

Former Member
0 Kudos

Ganesh, chk this link as to what SAP docs say on value mapping replication

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nw2004s/helpdata/en/2a/9d2891cc976549a9ad9f81e9b8db25/content.htm

Regards

Saravana