Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Client import STMS - Component version mismatch

marie_renneke
Participant
0 Kudos

Hello you experts,

we have a problem with importing a client transport request via STMS after implementing Support Packages - the client export has been done before the SP implementation.

Because it's already NW 7.02 with ECC 6.05 the component versions are checked for every transport request - also for client imports.

Due to this fact we cannot import that client import request because of version mismatch.

Unfortunately you do not have the chance to just check the box for ignoring that mismatch like with other requests...

Do you know any other possibilities to get this client import implemented?

I searched for the unconditional mode number for ignoring the version mismatch - but I couldn't find anything - maybe you know it, so I can modify the buffer...?

Many thanks for your (hopefully quick) replies.

Best wishes

Marie

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member

Try this: 1581638 - SAP component checks no longer working in TMS

Set parameter to OFF.

marie_renneke
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Jake,

thanks for the quick response.

I assume there's no possibility to deactivate this check only on transport request level?

I mean instead of deactivating it for the whole system...

Like with setting an umode...

Thanks again for a short reply.

Best

Marie

Former Member
0 Kudos

Marie,

It doesn't look like it. Maybe there is a switch to use at command line with TP to do it on a per request basis, so you don't have to disable entirely.

-Jake

marie_renneke
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Jake,

that's exactly my question Like with the tp modbuffer command you can set the unconditional modes (like overwrite original at import is umode 2...)

e.g.: tp modbuffer <requestno> <SID> mode=u+2 pf=<profile>

Actually I'm just looking for that tiny little number that means "ignore invalid component version"

But I'll try it with the solution from note 1581638 and reset it after the client import.

Though: if anybody knows the umode number of "ignore invalid component version" - it would be really nice if he/she could state it here - for future use

Thanks and best wishes

Marie

marie_renneke
Participant
0 Kudos

It really worked with switching SP_TRANS_SYNC off - but as mentioned before: if anybody knows how to switch the component version check off on transport request level, please let us know.

Thanks again

Best

Marie

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks for the feedback Marie.

Think I found it:

If you are importing from the command line the

the umode you use would be uq

For example : tp import <TR> pf=..... uq

marie_renneke
Participant
0 Kudos

I can't check it now, because we already imported successfully - but I wrote it down to check it the next time we're facing such a problem.

Thx again

marie_renneke
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi toghether,

meanwhile a colleague found a documentation where it says that umode 4 is for ignoring the invalid component version. We couldn't test it by now but maybe that helps other searchers here

Best wishes

Marie

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Marie,

I tested and I confirm - umode 4 ignores invalid components version.

Regards,

Michal

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

For others finding this in web searches, here's my experience for user master client copies on SAP_BASIS 702:

• In our system this error is caused by a third-party component which isn't relevant for user master client transports.

• tp modbuffer with mode=u+4 has no effect on client copy transports, STMS still refuses to import and gives no option to override the component check.

• To get around that, the client transport can be imported on the command line like a typical transport, with the u4 flag to ignore versions:

tp import SIDKT00047 SID client=600 u4 pf=TP_DOMAIN_XYZ.PFL

Afterwards don't forget to check logs in STMS and post-process in SCC7.

There's a lot of info about this check in note 1688610 - TMS import queue warning message : 'Does not match component version' or 'Checking compone...

Including:

• umode 4 is confirmed to ignore component versions

• Transport config parameter SP_TRANS_SYNC = OFF is mentioned

• Depending on your SP level, you may enter components in table EXCOMP to ignore them in the component check (sapnote 1742547 and 1756116).

Hope this is helpful to someone out there.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

After setting SP_TRANS_SYNC to OFF    still facing the component mismatch error.

Kindly suggest

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

After setting SP_TRANS_SYNC to OFF    still facing the component mismatch error.

Kindly suggest.

Recently again this parameter setting worked for me.!

Thank you

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

Kindly suggest.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

just goto transaction stms->system overview->double click on your SID->Transport Tool-

change Modus(ctrl+F1) ->Insert Row and then add following entry:

Parameters                         Value

SP_TRANS_SYNC             OFF                       

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

Kindly suggest