cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Netweaver 7.02 installation another error

Former Member
0 Kudos

Another error occurs when installation goes to 18 step “Import ABAP”, the message shows that Program 'Migration Monitor' exits with error code 2. For details see log file(s) import_monitor.java.log, import_monitor.log. And I find this log file , the file says

Required system resources are missing or not available:

Import directory '/root/SAPinst/51037288insexport/DATA_UNITS/EXP1' does not exist;

Import directory '/root/SAPinst/51037288insexport/DATA_UNITS/EXP2' does not exist;

Import directory '/root/SAPinst/51037288insexport/DATA_UNITS/EXP3' does not exist.

But I am sure these directories exist. So have you ever seen this error before? Could you please do me a favor?

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

paschmann
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

This is most likely caused by the spaces in your folder structure? I would suggest moving the files to a simple folder like (for me on windows was c:\EXP1, C:\EXP2, C:\EXP3), and then ensuring security is OK.

If you would like to check the location of where the installer is ready this from check the import_monitor_cmd file as it should list them.

I moved the files, updated security, updated the cmd file to the new locations and restarted the installation which I believe got me past this error.

If you do restart your installation (rather than a fresh install) I suggest check the DB has started as I found (with MaxDB & Windows) it was not and would not proceed until started.

By default now I always copy EXP to local/simple directory structure.

Former Member
0 Kudos

You need to move you export data in another folder e.g. /tmp/SAPinst/51037288insexport/DATA_UNITS (out of /root directory) and try again. Don't forget to check permissions for export data in new place.

Regards

Roman

Former Member
0 Kudos
TomCenens
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Have you checked the security settings of those directories? Perhaps access is being denied

Former Member
0 Kudos

Some information,jdk version

linux-trn2:~/SAPinst/51037288insexport/DATA_UNITS # java -version
java version "1.4.2_12"
Java(TM) 2 Runtime Environment, Standard Edition (build 1.4.2_12-b03)
Java HotSpot(TM) Client VM (build 1.4.2_12-b03, mixed mode)

linux-trn2:~/SAPinst/51037288insexport/DATA_UNITS # ll
total 16
drwxrwxrwx 4 root root 4096 Sep 29 00:20 EXP1
drwxrwxrwx 4 root root 4096 Sep 29 00:45 EXP2
drwxrwxrwx 4 root root 4096 Sep 29 01:10 EXP3
-rwxrwxrwx 1 root root 18 Sep 29 01:10 LABELIDX.ASC