SAP for Retail Discussions
Join conversations about personalization, omnichannel strategies, and operational excellence in retail using SAP for Retail software.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

RETA rule - storage location determination with situation

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi guys,

I've been searching a lot on this issue but I couldn't find any specific answer to ir, so here I am:

I want to set a different storage location for return process (inbound delivery from return order / delivery). I found that using RETA rule would make it work, but I can't set it right. Here's what I did:

I already gave my Returns Delivery doc the RETA rule in the customizing but then I don't understand the SITUATION thing. RETA needs a situation, right? But where can I assign a situation to a document?, or how can I make the system identify that that specifi return process belongs to the situation set in customizing?

Is there any specific situation I should be using? How can I trigger the RETA rule for my delivery so it determines another storage location? How can I trigger the situation? How does it work?

Thank you very much for your time and help,

Manuel Nascimento

6 REPLIES 6

colin_cheong
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

Why not do in the user exit?

It is possible to set up the rules here and assigned it while creation of delivery order.

bye

0 Kudos

Hi, and thank you for your kind reply.

I know there is a way that uses user exit, but I was really hoping I could use the RETA rule since it's a standard solution as well.

Does anybody know?

Best regards,

elancheran
0 Kudos

Hi Manuel Nascimento,

Hope you can create "Situations" and assign them in " Storage location Determination with Situation" in the menupath for your return Delivery Document type.

Regards,

Elan

0 Kudos

Hi Elan,

That seems to be the problem. How can I "create" a situation? How can I identify one? How can I manage them?

Thanks,

MN

Former Member
0 Kudos

Perhaps you could try the following route at IMG

IMG --> Logistics Execution --> Shipping --> Picking --> Determine picking Location --> Define Situation

You need "Define Sitaution", "Define Storage conditions" and a new combination of "Storage Location Determination with Situation".

Regards

MY

Former Member
0 Kudos

Situations are basically used in RETAIL environment and cannot be entered anywhere.

They need to be added to the programs, pertaining to retail transactions and based on that the picking location is determined.

Lalit