cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

depot scenario

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear All,

Client have two depots outside the country ( say in Us and Uk). Material  is delivered to customer from this depots ,But billing is done from plant in india . Please suggest how can I map this scenario in sap. Client also want to track material inventory in depot and material in transport .

Vipin

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

jignesh_mehta3
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello,

Your requirement could be easily full-filled by Plants Abraod had your Company based in Euro-zone.

But, to the best of my knowledge Indian Companies cannot have Depot in other Countries. Also the Indian company's Depot in other Country is a legal entity in itself.

I guess you will have to create Three Company Codes (one for each Country) & other Organizational elements.

Subsequently for the sales process you have mentioned you will have to do Inter-Company Sales scenario.

Thanks,

Jignesh Mehta

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

former_member182378
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Enterprise Structure:

Definition -

Company code IN10 (I am assuming that there is ONE company code)

Plant IN10

Storage location UK00

Storage location US00

Warehouse UK = UKW

Warehouse US = USW

Shipping point UKSP

Shipping point USSP

Assignment -

For plant, storage loc --- warehouse = IN10, UK00 --- UKW

For plant, storage loc --- warehouse = IN10, US00 --- USW

Process:

1. User creates a sales order, for warehouse UK -

With plant IN10 and shipping point UKSP

the storage location is automatically determined as UK00, and thus warehouse is determined as UKW.

SO (with warehouse UKW, shipping point UKSP) > delivery (plant is IN10) > transfer order (warehouse UKW) > PGI > Billing (done with plant IN10)

2. similar process for USW (warehouse)

Note: Add determination of storage location by Shipping point + Storage condition + Plant

In order to have different storage location change the shipping point manually, in the sales order (line item level)

Lakshmipathi
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Consignment fill-up process is the ideal solution to your requirement.  On the other hand, you treat the overseas warehouses as a plant, do stock transfer from plant to plant via MM route and from there follow normal SD process.  In both these cases, you can track what the inventory is at overseas plants.  But if you want to track customer-wise, then consignment process is the BEST

G. Lakshmipathi

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi, thanks for your reply

but our requirement is that billing and delivery from our Indian plant can it is possible in overseas warehouse scenario.

bsivasankarreddy_reddy
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

hi

you can do the overseas ware house scenario,  as same business process fallow the my company ,

out side country depot called as a ware house, ( create the separate storage location for ware house )

first export process

va01-vl01n-vf01(proforma invocie) - j1iin

here excise duties will pass ,

after creating another proforma invoice ,

based this invoice   create the recit order  ( like return)

when create the recit order , enter the ware house storage location , then do the delivery , when done the delivery stock will posted in ware house storage location , after you sale the material to end customer , this is the process ,

Lakshmipathi
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

but our requirement is that billing and delivery from our Indian plant can it is possible in overseas warehouse scenario

Yes of course, in both the options I have suggested, it is possible to generate delivery and billing from Indian Plant.

G. Lakshmipathi