cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Enteprise User login only after authentication against UME?

tejasjani
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Hi,

When I try to log in to fsbuyer url using enterprise user, it fails and says "Authentication Failed." (Note : User enterprise does not exist on NW UME)

But when first tried using another user administrator with its NW UME password it says "Entry Does not exist." and again immediately when logged on with the same password for user enterprise as mentioned above, it logs in successfully. (Note : administrator user does not exist on sourcing)

This sequence is observed every time. So, I assume the system needs to authenticate first against NW UME and then it logs in to the Sourcing instance using enterprise user.

Another observation is that for any other normal buyers (e.g. user1), it directly logs into sourcing buyer page without authenticating using administrator user against UME. This buyer user1 exists both on sourcing as well as on NW UME.

Any suggestion on resolving this to enable enterprise user to login directly without first logging in using UME administrator user as mentioned above?

Thanks in advance.

Tejas

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

if you find the answer to this please let me know we are having the same exact issue on our side.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Tejas.

it depends which version of Sourcing on which SP you're using. In any case, you should not use fsbuyer context for logging in as enterprise user. Are you trying to log in to Sourcing using your NW UME credentials?

Thanks,

Armin

tejasjani
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Hi Armin,

We are on Sourcing 7.0 SP2.

So if not fsbuyer context, which url should I ideally user to login as enterprise user?

On sourcing, I am trying to login with enterprise user using the enterprise context password.

And as I have mentioned about the administrator user that I need to login with before enterprise user, that administrator user credentials I use from NW UME.

Please note again that, enterprise user exists only on sourcing (as enterprise context) and not on NW UME; at the same time the administrator user exists only on NW UME and not on Sourcing.

Please suggest where should be the change to allow enterprise user to login straight and simple without the fuss that I have mentioned above.

Thanks.

Tejas