cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Formula in quantity in Sales Order's line Items.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear gurus,

I have a question that can I put a formula in Line Items quantity.

like if we have five materials A,B,C,D,E.

user put only four items with Quantity like A=1, B=5, C=2, D=3

but in order the value would be like [E= (B-A)-(D-C)] = [(5-1)-(3-2)] = 3

and Accounting ll be go on E(3) with only Material E.

waiting for Suggestions.

Regards

Govind

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

former_member184065
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Govinda,

1. Can I put a formula in "Line Items Quantity" ?

Where and What Formula ,You want put/ insert and How it (Formula) effective  will be on Line Item ?

2.  if we have five materials A,B,C,D,E ?

If may be ,you don't have exactly  5 materials in Sales Order  ,What will you do?

3. User put only Four items with Quantity like A=1, B=5, C=2, D=3 ?

If User doesn't maintain exact quantity as above in the Sales Order ? ( If that will not matching with  "E" by this time all  materials  go to Accounting  )

Your Requirement or accounting will go to as Wrong in Invoice side.

I think ,This type of risky Activities/Requirements not good for You (at a time documents/Scenarios of all also).

If you have any queries please let me know

Thanks,

Naren

Former Member
0 Kudos

Mr. Narendra,

Thanks for Reply !

Actually, we are going to create electricity bill in SAP SD. our power plant is generating electricity & we billed this units to Govt power distributors. the Invoice type is like this that

A.     Description & specification of Item                          [ELECTRIC UNIT]
B.     Initial meter reading (EXPORT)                                [READING AT DATE 01 OF MONTH]
C. Current Meter Reading as on 30.06.2012 (Export)     [READING AT 30TH OF MONTH]
D. Difference in Meter Reading (Export) (C-B)               [TOTAL UNIT SOLD]
E.     Initial meter reading (import)                                    [RE READING AT DATE 01 OF MONTH]
F.     Current Meter reading as on 30.06.2012 (Import)       [READING AT 30TH OF MONTH]
G.     Total units (Imported) (F-E)                                     [TOTAL UNIT USED]
H.     Total Units (Exported) (D-G)                                    [TOTAL UNIT FOR BILLED]
I.     Unit [KWh]
J. Multiplication Factor                                               [LIKE KWh TO UNIT CONVERTER]
K.     Qty Derived (KWh) (H * J)                                       [TOTAL QUANTITY]
L.     Rate per Unit INR/KWh                                           [PRICE/UNIT]
M.     Amount INR                                                          [ORDER OR INVOICE AMOUNT]

export means, supplied power unit to customer & import is getting power for our plant uses.

and the condition is we want that in initial meter reading, system pick the value from previous sales order.

so, how can i achieve this in standard ,with user exit.

waiting for reply..

Regards

Govind

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI Govind,

You can put all the logic in pricing itself.

1. If you want only item 'E' to be post to accounting then Mark all the other item's Item Catergory-Prcing field as BLANK.

2. And you want to calculate pricing for Item 'E' based on quantity which is calculated from other Item's quantity, then you can use the 'Calculation type' in Pricing procedure to insert the logic which will calculate as per your requirement.

Regards

Phunsuk