Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

More than one location substitution

Mrinal_K_Roy
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

APO GATP provides location substitution by more than one i.e if sales order is created in location A , then it can check for material availability at B and then C or so . However ,special procurement key (MRP2 view of material master) for Stock transfer can be set for only one plant in ECC. How can we create STO from C to A , if material is not available at B.

Please advise . Thanks in advance.

With regards,

Mrinal

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Mrinal,

Well, in some companies, they set up RBA such that the order is actually shipped from the substituted location.  This means you don't have to ship from C to A; you ship directly to the customer from C.

In your case, I will assume you are using consolidation, where you obtain the materials from the locations that suit you, and them ship them to a consolidation plant (e.g 'A'), and then ship to the customer from the consolidation location.

To do this, you must have a sourcing record (transportation lane) in APO for all the possible sources.  For this you can create purchase info records for each of the possible source plants.

Best regards,

DB49

Mrinal_K_Roy
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi DB,

Thanks for your reply .

Probably my message was not clear .Material will be brought to A in all cases. Requirement is that if material is not available in B , then it will switch to C . Like to know how can we create STO from C to A , if material master at ECC has spl procurement key for STO from B to A.

With regards,

Mrinal

Former Member
0 Kudos

Mrinal,

SPK doesn't mean that Stock Transport can only be done in the defined source; it just means that the source defined in the SPK is the DEFAULT for planning replenishments.  Other sources are possible if you create Purchase Info records defining the other sources.

SPK won't interfere with your ATP. Your SPK ends up in APO as just another transportation lane; from B > A.  This is what APO normally uses as a source during planning.  You can create as many transportation lanes as you want, by creating Purchase info records pointing to other plants.

I assume you are using 'consolidation' in RBA.  GATP/consolidation doesn't create STOs, it creates Stock Transport Purchase Reqs.  You can convert these purchase reqs to Stock Transport orders using //RRP7; or run the conversion program periodically in Batch.

I will assume that you have already created your RBA rules to select shipping from B > A or C> A depending upon product availability in B or C.

Best Regards,

DB49

Answers (0)