cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Solman_setup - Sys Prep "hanging" after upgrade to 7.1 SPS6

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

We have upgraded our Solution Manager to 7.1 SPS 6.

When executing SOLMAN_SETUP and starting the System Preparation (by clicking Edit), the screen does not respond and we only see revolving "loading" circle and this never change. It seems like the progress bar at the top of the screen is also not loading correctly:

We did apply note 1736166 (and note 875986) before executing SOLMAN_SETUP.

Also, the CR content has been updated in the SLD before the upgrade was started.

Any ideas or suggestions?

Windows 2008 R2, SQL 2008 R2 SP1 CU1.

Regards,

CJ

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Cj,

Hope you are doing well 🙂

Are you facing this issue with only Sys Prep tab or all the tabs?

Can you check in SPRO if any pre-requisite steps are there before starting SOLMAN_SEUP

Thanks,

Jagadish.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Jagadish,

All is well - thanks for asking. But no - all prerequisites was met. The strange thing is that it is working a system that was upgraded to 7.1 SPS 5, but the problem only occurs on SPS6.

Regards,

CJ

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Cj,

It is just because of the Adobe Flash playerXX ActiveX Software. Please install the latest Adobe Flash playerXX ActiveX software on your server and the issue should be resolved.

Hope my answer helps you to resolve the issue.

Regards,

Vinod Palli

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Vinod,

The problem is most likely caused by the Adobe Flash player but we are not able to update this software.

I have found a workaround though. By adding "&sap-accessibility=X' to the end of the SOLMAN_SETUP URL (as per note 1547441), I am able to successfully execute the Sys Prep.

I have logged a call with SAP as well - I will note their findings/recommendations here once they have replied.

Regards,

CJ