cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can users hide certain project information from team members?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Experts,

We have requirement wherein we need to hide certain project information (eg:- few feilds) from the team members of the same company. That means we are trying to hide feilds for individual users and groups only and not for all the buyside users.

I have tried to do this via page customization where I have selected the dimension type as "Object Reference", class as "User Account" and the particular user for whom I need to hide the feilds. But this is hiding the feild for all the users.

I believe we need to add a correct Dimension Feild value also for the customization to replicate. But am unable to find the right dimension feild values for user account and groups.

Can you please let me know the list dimension feilds that can be used for different classes specifically for user account and groups. For eg:- We have used "DOC_TYPE" as a dimension feild value to replicate the customizations at document type level.

Also, please suggest if there is any other way by which I can achieve this requirement.

Thanks,

Vaishali

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Vaishali,

You can use dimension <%USER_GROUP%> to do this.

As an example if you have an extension field called FIELDA and the only group allowed to see this is called LEGAL you would need to create the following two page customisations:

Field: FIELDA, Hidden property: NO, Dimension <%USER_GROUP%>, Dimension field value: LEGAL

Field: FIELDA, Hidden property: YES

You would have to create the first page customisation for each group allowed to see the field.

I hope this helps.

Dan

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Dan,

Thanks a lot for the above mentioned sugesstion.

The mentioned dimension was helpful to hide the certain fields from certain groups.

Can you please let me the know the dimension for user accounts (individual users) also to hide few feilds from them.

Is there a document or any source where I can find the list of dimension field values for different objects like user accounts, groups etc.

Thanks

Vaishali

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Vaishali,

I am not aware of any other tokens that can be used here.

You can use the attribute ID of a field on the document or on the parent. For example I have used IS_TEMPLATE with Boolean NO for all my page customizations that set fields as required so that the fields are all mandatory on the document but not on the template.

I hope this helps.

Thanks

Dan

Answers (0)