cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

When we use DXC does it mean BW is also part of teh environment

Former Member
0 Kudos

I am just trying to understand about DXC. when extracting data from ECC to hana db. 

Is DXC part of BW or ECC? to load data into HAna db?

Where is DXC located, is it on ECC or BW?

or will DXC work straight, without the need of BW intervention in terms of extracting and loading data from ECC to HANAdb.

Please clarify if any of my above assumptions are wrong.

Thanks a lot for the helpful info.

Kind regards.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

lucas_oliveira
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Hi Guy,

I believe most (if not all) of your questions can be answered by reading the Direct Extractor Connection Guide. This is available at https://help.sap.com/hana_appliance (SAP HANA Installation Guide - ETL-based Data Acquisition by SAP HANA Direct Extractor Connection).

However, just as a quick summary, here are some further info:

• DXC is yet another way to load data from BW into HANA by the means of existing BW Datasource extractors;
  • DXC is located in BW (additional Note implementation and settings on BW directly) thus it needs BW - see SAP Note 1583403.

Hope this helps.

Regards,

Lucas de Oliveira

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

The document indicated by Lucas would be helpful to understand besides that below is my contribution.

Basically if we look at SAP product portfolio, BI  is a netweaver 7.0 component menaing that BI component will be existing in all systems it is there in ECC, APO,CRM ,SRM etc..., you can use that BI component for normal extraction , transfirmation ,loading and reporting purposes as you use your stand alone BI system.

Incase of DXC we use the existing BI component which is part of ECC , we can use it for data loading and monitoring purposes , that data from ECC will be redirected to HANA usinf BI extractors mechanism instead of building application logic from scratch in HANA system , we can use the extractors which are part of BI component and Infopackages , process chains etc  for bringing data from ECC to HANA.

There is  another approach as of now it is called sidecar approach in this case data from ECC will be sent to HANA using stand alone BI system , instead of using existing BI component , you can use standalone BI to send data from ECC to HANA.

hope the above explanation would help you to get the basic idea of DXC and BI relationship.please revret back incase of further help.

Thanks

Santosh Varada