cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

how to make the PO directly pull the agreement details instead of info record

Former Member
0 Kudos

I create a PO, but the po takes the material and vendor code to pull the info record details...I was wondering if we can edit SAP settings to pull the agreement details insted of the info record detials..

PS: material exists in the agreement and SL also exist...but still info record is pulled.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI Hitesh,

The requirement is not very clear.

My understanding is: SAP pulls lot of details from Info record so that , User need not enter every time.

You can make the Data pull from a Agreement, then try to create the Agreement referencing another Agreement /Purchasing Document

Thx

MJ

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi MJ,

First of all, thenks for your response.

I know/agree that the PO pullls a lot of data from the info record, it also pull the info record number in the specified filed.... Is it possible that the po pullls the data from the agreement and not from the info record?...

Apologies for my english.....

Former Member
0 Kudos

As you mentioned in your commment that you can pull the details from the agreement, but in our system we have to input the agreement in the field.... Can the system itself do the same?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Hitesh,

The possibility that I am exposed to are:

1. Please advise business user to  maintain Contracts or Info records

2. if Contracts are created, then every time you create new PO by just putting Material number, all the details gets populated.

3. If you create info record then update the Pur Org Data 2 with the contract number that will also help you pull data into PO

4. My understanding is , If you have Master Contract, and Info record both, then Info record is referred, If its marked deletion then if pulls from contract. 

Please update, what all the values you want automatically default, that will help in arrive @ appropriate approach.

Hope this helps.

Thx

MJ

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Shankar,

I tried flagging for deletion, but still the new PO pulls the info rrecord details and not the agreement/contract details...

Anyother way???

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI Hitesh,

Please out line what are the fields that you are looking to pull from Agreement that is different from Info records.

Thx

MJ

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi MJ,

If there is a agreement/contract and an info record attached to the material, while creatting a requistion which one(info rec or agreement)  does it pull first.

Thanks,

HJA

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI HJA,

I would suggest/request to identify what Data you need to default.  lf you can come up with specific parameters we can have narrow down on the approach.

in my view, Info-record Data is pulled when you try to place a PO.

You would need to check few PR created already in your system to understand more, please check the on the PR the creation indicator ex:via MRP or manual etc.

hope this helps,

Thx

MJ