cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Integrating SRM 7.01 with SAP PI 7.3 and ECC EHP5

Former Member
0 Kudos

I need to implement a SRM  7.01 Scenario using SAP PI 7.3 and ECC EHP5, I have a main doubt about documentation, I cant find it.  I suppose to do this integration, it can be done using ABAP Proxys, instead IDOC in the previews version SRM 7.0.

Is it Correct?  I must use ABAP Proxy? Or not?

Could you send me some documentation about this version?

Thank You!

Fábio Ferri

SAP Netweaver Consultant

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Fabio,

A lot more thought should be given to this predicament you find yourself in. The questions you ask can't be answered without SRM Functional inputs. You have several scenario options (e.g. Classic, Entended Classic, Plan Driven Procurement, Hybrid) when implementing SAP SRM. Ideally the SRM Functional sits and blueprints the best approach. Once you have that information, head over to SAP Service Marketplace and get the configuration guide/s for SAP SRM 7.0 EHP 1 that is relevant for your scenario.

Having said that, it's not one or the other (i.e. IDOCS or Proxies). It really varies according to your SAP software version (i.e. SRM & ECC). SRM 7.01 for example (the last time I checked) uses mostly Proxies (i.e. Enterprise Services) & SAP delivered all the X/PI Content required for the standard integration. There is even a wizard based integration configuration between SRM and ECC (with a guide). SAP even delivers the Integration Scenarios that you should use. There would only be slight deviations for custom enhancements. SRM 7.01 has standard mappings between SRM ENterprise Services and ECC IDOCS (only for a few interfaces). These rest are Enterprise Services (proxies). So you can just use these without much effort. I haven't seen SRM 7.02 standard XI content but I'm guessing that it will all be Enterprise Service (proxies)...

Regards, Trevor

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

Trevor,

Thank you for your answer, it was very helpful...

Best regards!

Fábio

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

It seems that you are using SAP delieverd standard content for integration.... yes you have to set up ABAP proxy (instead of iDOC) communication (u can also configure ICO and use soap XI 3.0 protocol for proxy communication)

Thanks

Amit Srivastava  

baskar_gopalakrishnan2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

You can do integration using idoc, or abap proxy or even using RFC adapter to interface with ECC system. You might want to consider choosing the adapter based on ther requirement. Probably abap proxy might be better.