cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to trace a generated spool output?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi experts,

Just would like to ask how to trace a generated spool output aside from checking the background jobs with the same timestamp? I have already checked manually the background jobs that run through the said timestamp but no luck finding any job that might cause the generated spool output. Any ideas on how to trace the highlighted part of the spool? (see example below) Is this a program or something?

Appreciate any ideas on how to trace that part of that spool.

Regards,

Vj

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

manish_singh13
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Vj,

This highlighted part contains the program+user id part. In your case the program name is RM06EFLB with BAC as userid part of Background user.

You can put the trace on the program or user, as per your requirement.

Thanks,

Manish

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Manish,

Thanks for the advise. The screenshot above is just an example but yes the spool was generated in Background. Here is the actual spool output that I needed to know where it came from. Is this a program because I have already checked in SE38 and I can't find the highlighted part. Is there any way to know what triggered the spool output aside from tracing?

Thanks and Regards,

Vj

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

This spool is created by the user id BACKGROUND. So, if you want to trace, you need to set a trace (ST05,ST12 etc) for this user id.

If you are searching for a job, I hope you are looking at Step user which has created this spool.

If you display the spool contents, does it give you more information ?

Thanks,

Samik

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Samik,

Thanks for the response. We have already checked for jobs that might cause this spool output under user Background (checking for the timestamps in spool and job time stamps). The contents of the spool does not give any specific information. I guess we have no choice but to trace this spool using ST05, ST12 etc. for Background user.

Thanks and Regards,

Vj

manish_singh13
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Vj,

I have checked and found that this is TDSUFFIX2 column in spool request. More details you can check through below link:

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nw04/helpdata/en/84/1f14b517aa11d5b67b006094192fe3/content.htm

Considering all this best option will be to set the trace ST05,ST12, STAT etc on this background user to get more details about the program.

Thanks,

Manish