cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SAP GRC PC 10 Multiple manual test plans assignment to one Control

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Everyone

We are implementing SAP GRC PC 10 for our client in US.I was wondering if we can assign multiple Manula test plans to central controls.I know we can assign many controls to one manula test plant but is it possible to assign many manual test plans to one control?How this functionality can be achieved?I did not find any configuration related to this.Please help me with this.Please let me know if this can be achieved by configuration or we have to involve developers to do some development to achieve this functionality.

Thanks

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

No, the data structure allows only one test plan to be assigned at the central level.  A possible workaround is using the IMG setting "Maintain Field-Based Configuration".  Combined with the setting which allows local changes, this allows you to assign different test plans at a local level.  Let me know if you have additional questions. 

Former Member
0 Kudos

Paul,

Thank you so much for replying.Can you please explain little bit more?From Maintain Field-Based Configuration we can decide which field to hide and which field to display for the particular entity screen like control,process etc.But how can we change the settings here to allow multiple selection for manual test plans assignments in the Control screen.It would be really helpful if you can explain little bit more or if there are some steps that i need to follow.

Thanks

rajeshwari_akkamgari
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Arun,

Its not possible to assign multiple test plans to a single control.

Control to Test plan is one to one relation and Test plan to control is one to many.

If you set Allow Local Changes as Yes, you can assign a different test plan at local level (different from the one assigned at central level). The changes of central and local controls will only get in sync when you execute the program 'GRPC_SUBPROCESS_SYNCRONIZE'.

Else, at the time of planning the test plan assigned at local control will only be considered.

But again, only one test plan is considered and can be assigned to a single control.

This is as per the product design.

thanks,

Rajeshwari

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Rajeshwari

Thanks for your reply.I had a confusion about this issue but you and Paul has confirmed the solution.We are planning to involve some developer to achieve this functionality.While assigning test plan to control, we get search option and while using * option in search gives us list of all the manual test plans list.If we can develop an option to select multiple manual test plans in that selection screen then it will solve the purpose.Currently it only allows to select one test plan only.Let me know if you guys have any better solution.Thanks again for your Rajeshwari.I really appreciate it.Thanks

former_member205878
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Arun,

You cannot select multiple test plan in that selection screen.

The product Process Control is designed in this manner only.

As already stated by Rajeshwari that only one test plan can be assigned to control but there can be many

controls assigned to a test plan

Regards,

Silky

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Silky

Thanks for your reply.I agree with you all but i was wondering if this functionality can be achieved through development?According to our client's business process,we want the functionality to assign multiple manual test plans to one control.We have already agreed for the solution so i was thinking if this cant be achieved through configuration then we might achieve this through some development.

Thanks

former_member205878
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Arun,

I do understand that this might be achieved by development but the concern is that changing the standard code may cause you some issues in the future. So make sure the code that you change is not used anywhere else or the effects of it in the other part of fuctionality.

Regards,

Silky 

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Silky.Your Comments are really helpful.

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sahu,

I have done plan in Planner for control design assessment(manual plan). But I have not received the workflow. Someone received the workflow than me.

Could you please anyone suggest. where should I make customization.

Regards

Madhab Das

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi all,

I am unable to do ""control Design assessment". what does it means?

and also I am not getting notification in my in box for the result.

could anyone advise.

Regards

Madhab Das