cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

MDUG EXCEL TEMPLATE PROBLEM WITH CONTROL ASSIGNMENT

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi all,

Is it possible assign two different control (and two different regulation) to the same subprocess with MDUG excel template?

Thanks in advance.

Daniele.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

I'm not sure I understand the issue.  You can certainly assign many controls to a subprocess with MDUG, and those controls/subprocess can be assigned to different regulations.  I assume you are talking about PC 10.  The data model in PC 10 has the regulation assignment at the subprocess/control level. 

Former Member
0 Kudos

Yes, I'm talking about PC 10.0 and i have a problem with "central control" sheet

I fill in the field how in the picture below but when i upload the excel template with SE38 i have a log error with control C0002 and the regulation related.

Is there something wrong in my template?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Yes, your format is wrong.  See below for the correct format.  The first row sets up the controls, then the second row assigns the regulation.  BTW, why are you using SE38?  You should be using the GRFN_MDUG transaction to load your template.  Do you have a copy of the MDUG user guide? 

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Paul, Thanks for your help. Yes Sorry, I'm using GRFN_MDUG to upload the template.

Your example is clear but i have to assign the regulation in a different way.

In your example you assigned for every subprocess and control both FDA and SOX, instead i have to assign FDA to one subprocess and one control and SOX to the same subprocess but to another control. Is it possible?

Below my template.

(Note that my format is a little different because for convenience at first i create the object and then i assign it to the regulation)

When i Upload the template with GRFN_MDUG i have these two log errors :

1) “Error found when processing object XCONTROL/50006299(C019)”

2) “The regulation ID REGULATION/50004728 of object XCONTROL/50006299(C019) must be
from its parent”

Former Member
0 Kudos

Your screenshot doesn't look correct to me.  Is it from a previous MDUG format?  I think what the error is telling you is that you have to have the regulation assigned to a subprocess before you can assign a control in that subprocess to that regulation.  When you are assigning controls to a subprocess, you only need to assign the control the appropriate regulation, but that regulation first has to have been assigned on the subprocess tab of MDUG. 

The screenshot I sent you is from training material, so every control is assigned to each regulation, but you don't have to do that.  Be very careful about changing the format of entries in MDUG.  It is very unforgiving. 

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thank you Paul!

I added the regulation in central subrpocess sheet

and then i made a new central control sheet following your example :

Unfortunately now i have a new problem, infact when i try to upload data i have this log error : "Attribute P55326 not known".

Do you think it could be a problem of my template?

Former Member
0 Kudos

It's hard to tell from just that error message, but I would begin analyzing by finding out what attribute has the technical ID P55326.  P5 object type is a central process step, but I'm not sure that's what is meant.  One of the attributes you need to check in the spsreadsheet is in the column "Is a Control".  this should have an X in it.  Again, I can't tell if that is the problem.  Sometimes these error messages are misleading or point in the wrong direction. 

Another possible source of the problem is that you created your MDUG template prior to making some configuration changes to attributes.  If you have an attribute in your spreadsheet that does not match your configuration, you would get errors. 

I suggest you create a message to SAP Support, with your Excel spreadsheet attached.  They may be able to give you some detailed advice on your Excel format.  As stated previously, the slightest error in formatting can cause a problem. 

Former Member
0 Kudos

Indeed i created 262 regulation after generating the template so i think this could be my problem. I will try to regenerate the template.

Thank you very much Paul.