cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

External SC for Workflow

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

We have a requirement to route an external requisition from R/3 to SRM (a variant of plan driven procurement scenario) which should create a SC in SRM (5.0) and it should be routed for the workflow.

The FM: BBP_PD_SC_CREATE_EXTERNAL if used, will route it to workflow? The standard interface from R/3 to SRM will assume the reqs. are already approved and will send the SC to sourcing cockpit or creat a PO with held status depending on the configuration in EBP.

Thanks and Best Regards,

DV Rao

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

We are pushing this to SAP. Basically the issue I mentioned was a part of the MRO solution we are trying to implement in SRM 6.0

We are requesting SAP to give this as a part of Standard functionality.

Let us see, I will keep you guys updated.

Regards,

DV

Former Member
0 Kudos

Did SAP resolve this, or did you develop something yourself?

Thanks,

Nick

Former Member
0 Kudos

We have developed a custom interface which triggers the SC work flow with the BRF configuration.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Venkateswara,

Can you please share the custom interface you have developed to trigger the SC wfl.

Thanks,

Ankur

yann_bouillut
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

Why not using BAPI_SCEC_CREATE ?

Kind regards,

Yann

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Yann,

This is the BAPI (I presume!!!) being used by the standard SAP interface from R/3 when we transfer P reqs to SRM. There is a big note 505030 by SAP which tells us point 16) that these reqs will not go for the workflow. This is the extract.

16. External requirements are considered to be 'released' in SRM and therefore do not lead to a release approval procedure (approval workflow) in SRM.

We need to have the requirement to route the SC to workflows so that the Reqs with text items from R/3 should create a SC which should go for the approval (as we create a normal SC) in SRM which will go through the workflow. the main requirement was to use SRM for buyers who can get them as work items and then assign the relevant sources in SRM.

Any ideas for help?

Regards,

Dv Rao

yann_bouillut
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

Yes i know but you can reuse this and unflag the source_rel_ind = X .

Thus, the SC will not route to sourcing and will not bypass the WF.

Kind regards,

Yann

Former Member
0 Kudos

Yann,

I do not see Source_rel_ind in the BAPI you have mentioned. Is it the field BBP_AUTO_SOURCE you are referring? This exists in the parameter I_HEADER of the BAPI. This is the flag for the automatic sourcing.

Regards,

DV

yann_bouillut
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

BAPI_SCEC_CREATE use the following code to send PR to sourcing :

Try to source the items

IF i_header-auto_source = c_on.

CALL FUNCTION 'BBP_EXTREQ_SOURCING'

TABLES

it_org = lt_i_orgdata

ct_items = lt_i_items

ct_bup = lt_i_partner.

ENDIF.

Kind regards,

Yann

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Yann,

What's the tcode where I can find BAPI_SCEC_CREATE?

Thanks!

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

You can find in SE37.

BR,

Disha.

Former Member
0 Kudos

I found it thanks! Disha

DV, were u able to solve this?

Coz I have a requirement like this. Hope you can instruct me on the solution.

Thanks!

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Cindy,

could you share with me more details on how you have achieved to trigger the S.C. workflow from external requirement?

I have the same issue so let me know if you can help me on that (I can provide you with my private e-mail address if needed).

Thank you

Gio