cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Heuristic simulation and purchase proposals.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Experts,

I have couple of questions on Heuristic planning results, Please share your experiences and thoughts. Your quick updates are really appreciated.

1). Can users override the proposed purchase proposals to vendor and can this override be fixed permanently and not be over written by the next heuristic run?

2)  Can the heuristic run be in “simulated” mode, so that until someone reviews the result, make changes if necessary, before the results to be CIF’ed over to R3?

Lakshmi.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

rajkj
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Lakshmi,

1. User can always override the procurement proposal generated by SNP heuristics. If you check the overridden order details, there will be a flag set under 'fix' column. The next planning run doesn't delete this fixed/firmed order. By default, orders that fall inside the SNP planning horizon are firmed/fixed.

2. You can configure your system to send the SNP output to ECC immediately or periodically. SPRO task 'Configure transfer to OLTP systems' control this behavior. SPRO path:

a. APO->SCP->SNP->Basic Settings->Configure transfer to OLTP systems. Please check the task's documentation for further details.

. Use t.code /SAPAPO/C5 to publish the SNP output manually (or define schedule a job). It picks up the change pointers and publish the APO output.

b. Integration with SAP components -> Integration via APO CIF -> Basic Settings for Data Transfer -> Publication -> Maintain distribution definition (basic setting to distribute APO output)

Thanks,
Rajesh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Rajesh,

Thank you so much for such a quick reply.

Question 1:

I understand from the reply that users can firm PR in RRP3 to avoid getting overridden from the subsequent Heristic run, Please clarify? can this be done in SNP planning book directly?

Question 2:

Business would like to change and make aujsutments to key figures of the heuristic results before transmitting to R/3, Please let me know if it is feasible or achievable?

Lakshmi.

rajkj
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Lakshmi,

You are welcome.

Q1. You can update the SNP results directly in the data view (for instance quantity) or create a proposal yourself in another bucket. These activities will set the fixed flag. You also can get into order details and set the flag manually. Please check the screen shot for details.

Q2. As mentioned in the previous post, you can configure the system not to transfer the SNP output immediately (SPRO task - Configure transfer to OLTP systems) and use t.code /sapapo/c5 with 'Processing Direction' selected as 'From change pointer'.

Thanks,

Rajesh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Rajesh,

That was really helpful. When i set the firm flag it gets removed by itself and the changed proposal quantity repapear again after the heuristic run. But created proposal in the next bucket that got firmed. how about in the same bucket.

But in your screen shot  i see an order number is generated for the proposal, but for me there is no order generated. It is only showing up as APO-1 and APO-2 in the order column.

Not sure, why is it like that. please advise.

Lakshmi.

rajkj
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Lakshmi,

I am not sure whether you saved your order after firming.

With respect to order number, you can define the number range for SNP orders. Please check SPRO task (APO -> SCP -> SNP -> Basic Settings -> Set Number Ranges for SNP Orders).

- Rajesh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Rajesh,

I did save the order after firming. Thanks so much for answering 2 question.

Lakshmi.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Rajesh,

When I try to publish the planning results from APO to R/3, change pointer not picking up Purchase requision numbers in the C5 transaction. Order number field is blank and R/3 object field is blank.

But when I try to execute it fore ground , just goes away. Background job processing change pointers to R/3 successfully. Please let me know how to trace these order in R/3.

As always, Thanks so much for your resposnses.

Lakshmi.

rajkj
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Lakshmi,

You need to provide the details to this order publication transaction. It won't populate the fields.. typically, criteria like product, location, APO order type, etc can be used.

When you publish an order to ECC, a new order will be created with ECC specific number. If you have active integration model (t.codes CFM1, CFM2/CFM3), then, these orders will be CIF'ed back to APO that replace the APO specific numbers.

If you really need to trace these transactions, you need to activate the CIF logging for remote user ids (e.g. APO-REMOTE and ECC-REMOTE) using t.codes /sapapo/c4 and CFC2.

Thanks,

Rajesh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Rajesh,

Thanks so much. I have opened CIF channles already, Order status not getting changed after the publish.

Lakshmi.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Rajesh,

Business would need to trace those transmitted orders in R/3. Business will confirm those purchase proposals generated out of APO. Please let me know is there table in R/3 that capture these orders.

Lakshmi.

former_member197994
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Lakshimi,

You can check Table: EBAN, field ERNAM to see if it's ALEREMOTE or not.

Best regards,

Tiemin

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Tiemin,

Thanks so much, Tiemin.

Lakshmi.

former_member197994
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Lakshmi,

It's my pleasure to be of some helps. Well if you can confirm the resolution by assigning proper points respectively, you're also helping the other community readers so that they know what hints have helped you.

Best regards,

Tiemin

Answers (0)