cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

To delete/cancel XI message ( status - Transfer to External Application )

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Can anyone please suggests me how to delete/cancel XI message ( SXMB_MONI- status - Transfer to External Application , zigzag icon ).

When I tried canceling/restarting it , it says "You cannot cancel/restart XML message with this status/type".

Because of this message , other messages are stuck up in the queue and are in scheduled status.

Please help me on this friends.

Thanks & Regards,

Binni Bhardwaj

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (7)

Answers (7)

luca_dimaulo2
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hi Guru, we have the same problem.

XML with errors “transfer to external application" status, but the system doesn't permit us to manage them.

Any idea?

Thank you Giuseppe

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Bini,

I have the same issue. How did you solve it?

BR,

Iván

former_member192238
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Binni,

Go to SMQR and opn the message which is stuck in  quueue if you can double click on that you check for what reason it has been stucked in the queue.

You can restart or refresh the queue in SMQR and also go to tcode SXMB_ADM go to Manage Queus activate the queues.

Regards

Praveen Reddy

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Binni,

Please go through below blog ,it will give an idea how to deal with this type of issue

http://wiki.sdn.sap.com/wiki/display/XI/Troubleshooting+for+Archive+and+Delete+on+Integration+Engine

Regards,

SHRI

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Binni,

What caused the zigzag and is this in PI or application backend?

This is normally caused when a message falls over for some or other reason, e.g. incorrect values, missing config in receiver end etc. Do you have post processing office setup and tried to resolve it there?

So the order is obviously important for this interface, you could try - all from SMQ2:

- Resetting the status of the message through SMQ2 (if it won't cause any data inconsistencies).

- Delete LUW (if it won't cause any issues).

- Save LUW (you will be able to view it through SMQ3 but it won't be of much value there, it will just move it out of the way).

Ideally you would want to debug the problematic with the incoming interface to identify (& eliminate) the root cause.

Regards, Trevor

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Trevor,

Thanks for your reply.

The error is in Application Backend (ECC)

Yes I do have Postprocessing Offce Setup and tried to resolve it through it, however by mistake I processed the order through Postprocessing Office Incorrectly.

Mentioned are the steps which I followed :

Scenario is SRM(sender) - PI - ECC ( Receiver ) - Contract Replication

XML message has reached on ECC side with status - Transfer to External Application

Queue has status SYSFAIL ( with message XI Error See SAP Note 1106867: Queue stopped)

This note has steps for the Postprocessing Orders through transaction /SAPPO/PPO2( Forward Error Handling). In the transaction /SAPPO/PPO2 after pressing process button (which makes the order status as IN PROCESS), I supposed to press REPEAT button to check for all the existing/new errors and process. However I pressed COMPLETE button which processed the order without checking the existing/new error.

So now the postprocess order in processed status.

The queue is still locked and the XML message is still in the status : Transfer to External Application

Now my question is there any way to change the status of Postprocessing Order from COMPLETE to IN PROCESS?

So that I can process the order through REPEAT button.

The main purpose is to to unlock the queue and xml message gets successfully processed.

If it is not possible then is there any way to delete/cancel XI message (zigzag)so that the stuck message can be reprocessed.

Kindly help me its really urgent.

Regards,

Binni

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Binni,

I don't know how to change this status from 'Complete' to 'In Process' or whether this is even possible to do because I don't know PPO very well and it's more of a business / functional task where you identify the root cause - fix it & then 'Repeat' the message and then everything behind the message should go through thereafter. You should also try the SRM functional forum for further assistance or whether there is an 'Undo' option.

Could you at least see what the error was in PPO before the status changed to complete so that the root cause could be fixed? Alternatively, depending on how big the business impact is and if the sequence (in order) of this contract can be managed (or is not that critical), I would consider 'Saving LUW' for this particluar message and logging a support ticket with SAP for possible solutions.

Regards, Trevor

naveen_chichili
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Bhardwaj,

You can double click on the stucked message in queue and double click on that.

It will direct you to SXMB_MONI and there you can see your message status

you can check the error details there and debug accordingly.

if you need to cance that perticular message you can select that and cancel it as shown in the below screen.

Note : if the message is synchronous message you can not cancel that.

Regards,

Naveen.

naseemallika14
Participant
0 Kudos

hello naveen.chichili,

instead of restart button is there a possibility to restart background using the standarad report in sap.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Binni,

Please go through the thread http://scn.sap.com/thread/3232918 which may be helpfulfor you ro resolve the issue.

Best Regards,

Sagarika

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sagarika,

Thanks for the prompt reply, the link is not helpful in my case.

Regards,

Binni