cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Out of memory error while starting NWDS

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi.

I have NWDS 7.0.08 installed. I'm developing DC's assigned to a DTR. While working, I had about 10 projects open in the workspace and when I tried opening another one, NWDS crashed giving an "out of memory" error. And when I try to reopen NWDS, I get the error "Problems during startup. Check the .log file in the .metadata directory of your workspace".

When I look at the log, I see the following lines:

!ENTRY org.eclipse.core.runtime 4 2 Feb 19, 2007 16:32:18.78

!MESSAGE Problems occurred when invoking code from plug-in: "org.eclipse.core.runtime".

!STACK 1

org.eclipse.core.internal.resources.ResourceException(null)[567]: java.io.EOFException

at java.io.DataInputStream.readUnsignedShort(DataInputStream.java:400)

at java.io.DataInputStream.readUTF(DataInputStream.java:633)

at java.io.DataInputStream.readUTF(DataInputStream.java:610)

at org.eclipse.core.internal.dtree.DataTreeReader.readNode(DataTreeReader.java:57)

at org.eclipse.core.internal.resources.WorkspaceTreeReader.readTree(WorkspaceTreeReader.java:44)

at org.eclipse.core.internal.resources.SaveManager.restoreTree(SaveManager.java:776)

at org.eclipse.core.internal.resources.SaveManager.restore(SaveManager.java:488)

at org.eclipse.core.internal.resources.SaveManager.startup(SaveManager.java:1033)

at org.eclipse.core.internal.resources.Workspace.startup(Workspace.java:1734)

at org.eclipse.core.internal.resources.Workspace.open(Workspace.java:1537)

at org.eclipse.core.resources.ResourcesPlugin.startup(ResourcesPlugin.java:268)

at org.eclipse.core.internal.plugins.PluginDescriptor$1.run(PluginDescriptor.java:736)

at org.eclipse.core.internal.runtime.InternalPlatform.run(InternalPlatform.java:1006)

at org.eclipse.core.internal.plugins.PluginDescriptor.internalDoPluginActivation(PluginDescriptor.java:748)

at com.sap.ide.eclipse.startup.Main.run(Main.java:789)

at com.sap.ide.eclipse.startup.Main.main(Main.java:607)

!ENTRY org.eclipse.core.resources 4 567 Feb 19, 2007 16:32:18.78

!MESSAGE Problems reading workspace tree.

!STACK 0

java.io.EOFException

at java.io.DataInputStream.readUnsignedShort(DataInputStream.java:400)

at java.io.DataInputStream.readUTF(DataInputStream.java:633)

!ENTRY org.eclipse.core.runtime 4 2 Feb 19, 2007 16:32:18.93

!MESSAGE Plug-in com.tssap.util was unable to load class com.tssap.util.startup.WBLauncher.

!STACK 0

org.eclipse.core.internal.boot.DelegatingLoaderException: org.eclipse.core.runtime.CoreException: Problems encountered starting up plug-in: "org.eclipse.core.resources".

at org.eclipse.core.internal.plugins.PluginDescriptor.internalDoPluginActivation(PluginDescriptor.java:754)

at org.eclipse.core.internal.plugins.PluginDescriptor.doPluginActivation(PluginDescriptor.java:188)

at org.eclipse.core.internal.plugins.PluginClassLoader.activatePlugin(PluginClassLoader.java:112)

!ENTRY org.eclipse.core.runtime 4 2 Feb 19, 2007 16:32:18.93

!MESSAGE Plug-in com.tssap.util was unable to load class com.tssap.util.startup.WBLauncher.

!STACK 0

org.eclipse.core.internal.boot.DelegatingLoaderException: org.eclipse.core.runtime.CoreException: Problems encountered starting up plug-in: "org.eclipse.core.resources".

at org.eclipse.core.internal.plugins.PluginDescriptor.internalDoPluginActivation(PluginDescriptor.java:754)

at org.eclipse.core.internal.plugins.PluginDescriptor.doPluginActivation(PluginDescriptor.java:188)

at org.eclipse.core.internal.plugins.PluginClassLoader.activatePlugin(PluginClassLoader.java:112)

!SESSION -

!ENTRY org.eclipse.core.launcher 4 0 Feb 19, 2007 16:32:18.109

!MESSAGE Exception launching the Eclipse Platform:

!STACK

java.lang.reflect.InvocationTargetException

at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke0(Native Method)

at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(NativeMethodAccessorImpl.java:39)

at sun.reflect.DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.java:25)

at java.lang.reflect.Method.invoke(Method.java:324)

at com.sap.ide.eclipse.startup.Main.basicRun(Main.java:291)

Caused by: java.lang.IllegalArgumentException: Application not found: com.tssap.util.WBLauncher.

at org.eclipse.core.internal.boot.InternalBootLoader.run(InternalBootLoader.java:856)

at org.eclipse.core.boot.BootLoader.run(BootLoader.java:461)

... 7 more

I cut off some parts as they are too long and seem to be useless.

I guess NWDS is trying to reopen the projects I was working on while it crashed. So, how can I prevent it?

I can't change my workspace because I have open activites in DTR, so I shouldn't loose my DCs.

Help? Anybody?

Thanks in advance..

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Mehmet,

make a backup of your workspace folder and after try to delete the workspace folder and restart the NWDS.

Hope this help

Francesco

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Francesco.

Thanks for your answer, but it's no use for me. If I delete my workspace, NWDS opens normally, but with a fresh interface. I can't see my old projects. As they are DC projects bound to NWDI, and I have checked out some of them, I don't want to lose them. I have to get my workspace back.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi guys.

I've solved my problem. I deleted the project navigator tree structure files from workspace, and NWDS opened up with a clean workspace . But the projects themselves were there though. So I recreated my DC projects, but didn't download the sources, modified local copies are used instead.

I deleted the these files:

<workspace>\.metadata\.plugins\org.eclipse.core.resources\.safetable\org.eclipse.core.resources

<workspace>\.metadata\.plugins\org.eclipse.core.resources\.root\###.tree

Then I opened NWDS and it was clean. I opened the Development Configurations perspective, in the Local DCs view, right-clicked on each DC and choosed "Create Project". This looks like a safe method, it worked for me.