cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Copy costs and revenues

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear friends,

I have below queries related to copying of costs and revenues, please help me with the same-

1.   1.     What does copy WBS plan to plan (CJ9BS) and  CJ9CS (also CJ9B & CJ9C) mean, and what is the use?

2.   2.     Where these scenarios are generally used?

Also, let me know the importance of the same. If any.

Thanks for your help.

Regards,

Sumanth

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Suma,

1.  CJ9BS- It will transfer the manual planning of project from one year to another year. If you use CJ9B instead of this then you can perform same in bulk process.

We use this to copy manual planning and calculate variance with respect to manual planning only.

Number of period for the template and target version must be same.

2. CJ9CS- Actual cost of the project will be copied as plan of same. See note 407984 for more details. Here again CJ9C is used for bulk processing using selection variant.

We use this for making a actual cost a standard cost for reporting purpose only.e.g. Cost incurred in first year of project will work as standard for next year and we will calculate variance with respect to cost of initial year.

We use above t codes for copy data from one year to another year individually or in bulk.

Regards,

Pranav

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Pranav,

Thanks for the detailed inputs.

Just a quick check here - per your explanation above, does CJ9BS can be used to copy cost planning of a project from one year to other? I mean, assume project A has cost plan of 100$ in 2012 , can it be copied to 2013 if it un-utilized in 2012 (for same project)? Also, is it applicable to revenues as well?

About CJ9CS, i m much clear on your inputs.

Regards,

Sumanth

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Suma,

CJ9BS can be used to copy cost planning from-

1. One year to next year

2. One year to same year but with new plan version

CJ9CS is used to copy actual to plan.

What we do is-

1. Copy actual as new plan version on same year.

2. New plan version (plan 1) is copied to plan 0 of next year.

There is no concept of utilised in non utilised.

By default it is applicable to revenues also.

However one may exclude it using plan data selection option.

Regards,

Pranav

Former Member
0 Kudos

That was really a crystal clear info - Pranav.

Thanks again for your time and support.

Regards,

Sumanth

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sumanth,

CJ9BS is used to copy planned data for project from one version to other or one year to other. CJ9CS is used for actual data copying. CJ9B and CJ9C can be used for multiple objects using selection variant.

Some of the scenarios where this is used can be multiple CO versions for cost planning purpose, maintaining actual costs in a particular version for reporting purpose etc.

Regards

Shrikant

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Srikant,

Thanks for your inputs.

If you have further more info or any links on the same, please share. As you said, the overall funda of above comes into pictures, when there are versions. But, still I wanted to know more about the same in terms of their design and usage.

Thank you,

Regards,

Sumanth

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Suma,

This example may bring more clarity to you.

1. Plan cost of 2011: 100/-

2. Actual cost in year 2011: 120/-

3. Actual cost in year 2012: 150/-

Scenario 1- Management want to see variance with respect to manual plan cost of 2011(Use CJ9BS)

Variance for 2011 will be 20% & for 2012 it will be 50%

Scenario 2- Management want variance report with respect to cost of previous year- (Use CJ9CS)

Variance for year 2011 will be 20% & at the end of year actual cost will be copied to plan cost(version 1) and then we copy plan version 1 to plan 0 of next year(CJ9BS) and thus variance would be 25% {(150-120)*100/120} only.

It totally depends upon management for process of calculation of variance they want to use.

Regards,

Pranav