cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Concurrent Lock Violation

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Experts

We have a problem with saving data in BPC 10 with us getting Conurrent lock Violation errors.

We have a simple Input Schedule to send data to the DB but when we click save data we get the error

"Members %Membernames%, of dimensions %dimNames%, cannot be saved due to a concurrent lock violation"

There are no other users using the system yet and we have the minimum of Three concurrent dims selected as specified in the SAP Help Documentation.

Please can someone help us to find out what we are doing wrong?

thanks!

Kind Regards

Perven

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Perven

The lck tables are used simultaneously with the data sending; records are locked by entity,category, and time so that two users can submit data to the same members  at the same time.

Normally the lock remains until the data is committed into the WB tables, but in some cases a LCK table may still contain data  that was not released because of some connectivity issues, such as IIS not responding, a network drop off, terminated data send, etc...

It seems this is happened in your case, for one of these reasons the lck tables were not

purged, that is why you got such behavior when sending data.

So could you please try to have a look on the following table under your SQL Server and delete any records

that you may find on these tables:

- lock<application_name> table

- sgQueue table

Hope this will resolve your issue.

Best Regards

Yasser

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Yasser

Thanks for you response.

I had already cleared all the lock tables, optimized the model and processed and still the problem persists.

Kind Regards

Perven

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI Perven

What is your BPC 10 version ? is it prior to SP6 ? If yes then could you please update to the latest version,

Similar issue has been fixed in BPC 10 SP6.

Best Regards

Yasser

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Yasser

I am on SP07.

We have resolved the problem, Thanks to Daniel.

We changed our concurrent locks around and the data sent.  We have found the problem Dim.

Thanks for you help in trying to resolve.

Kind Regards

Perven

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

We have had the same problem on a dev environment on two models.

Rebooting the server, processing the model, and all the dimensions made no differrence to the problem.

We resolved the problem, by changing the côncurrent locks, and then changing them back to the original settings.

I presume from this that there is an underlying bug in the software, but as resetting the concurrent lock resolves this and I don't know what the cause of the problem was, I can not really report it to SAP.

Regards,

Mark

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Yasser, I tried that solution and it helps.

Charly

Answers (0)