cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Invoice based on billing plan in contract, do we need to create invoice based on sales order?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Gurus,

currently right now i am stuck at this problem. I have a problem about billing plan in contract,

let's say in the contract, I use periodic billing plan in contract, whereas we generate the invoice based on the billing plan in contract.

along the journey, we will generate sales order based on the contract.

do we need to create invoice from this sales order?

if we create invoice from the sales order, then the customer will be invoiced double? invoice from the contract and invoice from the sales order,

of course the customer don't want that.

if we don't create invoice from the sales order, then wouldn't the sales order will be always outstanding?

The reason that we need to create billing plan from the contract is the customer make a quantity contract for the spare part and services that they required.

the customer pay the contract on monthly basis. we only create sales order from contract, if there is a request from the customer to send the spare parts or services to them.

I already try to use customer service module, and conclude that it is not effective to use it for this business scenario, so i am trying to use the sales order.

Thank you in advance for your response.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

This problem is solved by changing the business process.

So from contract, i don't create invoice. for do billing for customer payment, I use advance payment in Finance module. Later on, after i have actually done the work, I create sales order and create billing.

from the accounting document, it will be reversed with the account from advance payment posting.

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Narendra,

I will try to be more elaborate my answers.

I changed the business process that i proposed earlier too the client.

I use contract, but i don't use billing plan in it.

in the contract, there is a possibility if we will receive advance payment in full or partial for the contract, we use the down payment request F-37, we don't need to input sales order number.

after that, every time we want to send material or services to customer, we create sales order,

(delivery if necessary) and billing.

by doing billing, we acknowledge that sales is happening according to the quantity of material or services that happened in the customer.

For the payment, it can be opposed with the down payment that already done.

former_member184065
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Dear,

If you dont mind ,Can you share little bit more on this as step by step how you have done ?

Note : It would be more helpful to us .

Thanks,

Naren

former_member188027
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi,

If you are billing to Customer already w r f to Contract as per your billing plan. then no need to Bill again at the tyme of Order means at the time of Supplying material to billing. In this case for Order type maintain Reference mandatory -G (With reference to a quantity contract). And also do not maintain any copy control for billing for this Order.

Reg,

Anand

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Anand,

thank you for your reply,

in response for your answer, do SAP provide this kind of order type (which will not be used for billing)?

I want to use that for reference to setting the order type and item category?

Thank you in advance for your reply.