cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

WBS User Status - SAP PS (Project Systems)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello All,

I have created a WBS user status & want to prevent users from creating any billing document against the WBS or posting any revenue jv using FI entries.

However at the same time I want to let the users post cost thru direct jv on the WBS.

When I tried to forbid the FI Postings using user status management it prevents all FI postings revenue as well as cost, however I just want to restrict revenue postings.

can some one help me understand how is it possible to do using WBS user status or is there any other way to achieve this??

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Remove the Billing Indicator for the WBS element.

Regards,

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Suman,

I could restrict creation of Sales/Billing document using the WBS user status.

Can you tell me how can I also manage using user status that the invoice is created but not released to accounting. Once the status is changed the same can be released to accouting.

Can this be handeled using WBS user status & can you plz mention which is the exact BUsiness Transaction that I need to forbid in the user status config?

suman_sardar2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Amol,

I do not think that you clould do it by WBS user Status profile.

Instead try put posting block in VOFA Billing doc type and Assign the auth Release to Accounting to the same user.

So in this way you can do the same.

Thanks,

Suman

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Suman,

Yes I want to restrict sales order creation. However this will only help me where Invoicing is done with reference with Sales Order.

In this scenario Finance will still be able to bill with out referencing the invoice to sales order.

as such to make the solution robust I think both controls are required.

1. Not allwing to create sales order

2. Not allowing Invoice to be released to accouting.

Can you tell me if it is possible & how this can be done...

suman_sardar2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Amol,

Yes you can Restrict the Sales Order creation by WBS User Status.

No Invoice from SD will be generated.

One thing I want to add that in VOFA for Billing type check the Posting Block so that the authorization can be given to another person.

Lastly I thing that to Restrict the Revenue posting JV will only be possible to  maintain some user exit.

Please talk to your ABAPer for that purpose.

Thanks,

Suman

suman_sardar2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Amol,

I have a question that are you going to restrict the Billing or Sales Order creation?

Can you confirm.

Or may you want Invoice will be created but will not be posted to FI after the Status change it can be released to Accounting.

Plz let me know?

Thanks,

Suman