cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to update SUM for HANA manually

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Experts,

How to update SUM for HANA from SPS03 patch2 to SPS04?

I try to follow the steps of Automated Update Guide, but it doesnt work.

How to do it manually?

Thanks in advance.

James

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Anyone can help me?

Former Member
0 Kudos

What error you are getting with Automated Update?

By the way, you can also try updating using command line in interactive mode (In interactive mode, the program queries all parameters that are not defined using command line options as well as parameters that have invalid values.).

Login as root user

Enter following command to start update

./hdbupd

Specify the data requested by the program.

Thanks,

Rohit

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Rohit,

First, we try to update HANA from SPS03 to SPS04 with Automated Update.We get an error "Could not open a connection to https://......".So we download the update files manually and run the update via HANA studio.But we find the version of SUM is still SPS03 patch2.

I know the  command ./hdbupd can start  upgrade  for HANA database, but not sure for SUM.

Thanks,

James

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi James,

To manually update SUM, you will need SUMHANA*.SAR (please check the latest file from Service Marketplace). This file must be copied in the same directory in which stack.xml if located.

As SUMFORHANA is not a part of HANA stack, we need to update SUM separately.

Once you have the latest SUMHANA*.SAR file, from SAP HANA studio go to Window > Preferences > Lifecycle Management > Service Marketplace and select Use File location and enter path to the stack.xml file.

Please note that you need to provide the full path to the file.

Once all above steps are done, when you start the Lifecycle Management perspective in the SAP HANA Studio, the SUM performs a self-update.

Thanks,

Rohit

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Rohit,

After we input the full path to the file, It's working.

Thank a lot,

James

Answers (0)