Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

composite role menu - copy menu function in PFCG

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

We are in the middle of integration testing and we are using composite roles. When I have to maintain (add or remove tcodes) and transport a "single" role that is part of a composite role, the role menu for the composite is out of synch with the user menu after the transport.

The manual fix for this is to go into the composite role via PFCG in the destination system and push the Read Menu button. This will read the latest menus of the single roles.

I would like to know if there is a job that I can schedule that can synchonize the composite role to the single roles assigned to it. Will PFCG_TIME_DEPENDENCY do this for us?

Thanks,

Ryan

1 REPLY 1

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ryan,

PFCG_TIME_DEPENDENCY is only for the user comparison. I am not sure if there is a Job for the Single and Composite role synchronization.

If you are making changes to any single role. You may have to restructure / re read all the composite role menus where ever this single role is used. And transport all the impacted composite roles.

-Laxman