Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Handle Validity

former_member192766
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi All,

I am trying to retrieve the mcValidFrom and mcValidTo values from the idmv_link_ext view when a user enters a validFrom and validTo values for a role assignment without approval in the IdM UI. However, during the provisioning I can see the entry is being added for the operation but these fields are empty and will be added/updated at the end of the provisioning.

I am using SAP IdM 7.2 SP5.

Any thoughts?

Regards,

Ridouan

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Riduoan,

Yes, the behaviour you describe is correct. Because the same role or privilege may be inherited from different parents, as well as being both inherited and directly assigned, with different validity, the mcValidFrom and mcValidTo are calculated at the end.

If you want to see the actual validity for a direct assignment, you need to look at mcDirValidFrom and mcDirValidTo. These will hold the validity for a direct assignment.

Best regards

John Erik Setsaas

Development Architect SAP NW IdM

former_member192766
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi John,

Thanks for your answer!.

Unfortunately both attributes are empty as well and will be updated at the end of the provisioning process. I am using the MX_LINK_REFERENCE and AuditID to get the values from the Role as I am assigning the privileges indirectly.

Many thanks!.

Regards,

Ridouan

Answers (0)