cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Stopping the flow and raising an alert using user defined functions

Former Member
0 Kudos

how can we raise an alert and stop the flow if an mapping error occurs(data related) and xi wont raise an exception by itself?

can we do this using user defined functions with some java functions to catch the error?

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

bhavesh_kantilal
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

Check my blog,

/people/bhavesh.kantilal/blog/2006/07/25/triggering-xi-alerts-from-a-user-defined-function

Regards

Bhavesh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Bhavesh,

your blog is very helpful. but i want to stop the flow after raising an alert . so what i thought is i will create an ALRTCATDEF and alert rule specific to this interface. then will raise "throw runtimeException" from my UDF when the condition for alert arises in the mapping. In this case XI will catch the exception and stop the flow and we will get an alert also since i configured the alert mechanism for that interface. here we can avoid the RFC call also.

Thanks

francis

bhavesh_kantilal
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

fair enough would have done the same as well.

In my case ( in the blog ) we had to proceed with business functionality after triggering the alert and so had to use the RFC call.

Regards

Bhavesh

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

francis ma,

Using ALM, alerts can be configured in alrtcatdef transaction to raise alerts for errors of mapping category.