cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Delivery and billing block fields as mandatory in sales order.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Experts,

I would like to make Delivery and billing block fields as mandatory in sales order.

Please let me know how to make the fields as mandatory.

Regards

Kiran

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

jignesh_mehta3
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello,

If you want Delivery & Billing Block as mandatory in Sales Order, then why not set then in VOV8 in Sales Document Type.

This will ensure that every Document created for that Sales Document Type will automatically have Delivery & Billing Block, which only a authorized person can remove.

Thanks,

Jignesh Mehta

former_member184065
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi ,

I want know ,what is the difference between Incompete Procedure Settings (I mean Functionalities)

and VOV8 Incomplete Messages.

I think ,both are using for Control the Sales Documents Fields as with  Mandatory Fileds.

Hi kiran ,What do u mean by "Mandatory"?

Please put some inputs on this.

Thanks,

Naren

jignesh_mehta3
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello Naren,

Tick mark in VOV8 Incomplete Messages will allow you to save a Incomplete Sales Orer.

While in Incompletion Procedure we can set status as Warning or Error. In case of warning, it will allow to save incomplete Sales Order but in case of error it will not allow to save sales Order.

Thanks,

Jignesh Mehta

former_member184065
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi ,

Thanks for replying my query.

But I have still doubts on this,

How to find out Delivery and Billing Block as "Mandatory Fields" with by "Incomplete Messages" in VOV8 ? (If I Processing in Sales Order)

Thanks,

Naren

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

mithu_mukhejee
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi kiran...

Jignesh has already answered ur question.

And one more thing for delivery block You have to assign the delvery block in shipping not in scheduling agreement .

Kindly mark it as answered.

bsivasankarreddy_reddy
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

hi

you can use the in completion   procedure , you fallow the narendra answer

then your requirement is full fill

former_member184065
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi ,

If you open Sales Order ,there in Header Level" Delivery Block" and "Billing Block" Two Fields.Please select  F1 on that Fields Names and Go to Technical Names ,here you can find out Technical Deatils.With these details ,you can control by "Incompleteion Procedure" as Delivery and Billing Block as Mandatory.

I think ,this is not good for all cases.

Thanks,

Naren

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I have tried it by using Incompleteion Procedure,but system is only showing warning message.

I want the field as mandatory.if the fileds are not blocked system should not save the sales order.

bsivasankarreddy_reddy
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

hi

you can use the screen variant , here activate as mandatory field ,

go to SHD0 here create the variant and assign the at order type

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Kiran,

As above said it can be controlled through In-completion log, if you doesn't want to save the sale order without completion of required data, go to VOV8 select your document type at the Transaction flow tab you can see the Incomplete.mesages check box,tick the check box.

Now the order won't get saved until the required data being filled.

Regards

Ram