cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Database copy for ECC 6.0 EHP6 system

Former Member
0 Kudos

For our DEV system we installed a ECC 6.0 EHP3 system on our v7r1 box. The we upgraded it to EHP6.  This took quite a bit of effort and time.

For our QAS system we installed a ECC 6.0 EHP3 system on another v7r1 partition.  I am tempted to see if we can save time by doing a database copy ie deleting the QAS database and following the old method of restoring the DEV database and following all the steps to bring the DEV database up as QAS to save time.

Has anyone tried this for a ECC 6.0  EHP 6 system?

Thanks

Matthew

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

MattJM
Explorer
0 Kudos

The "new" look SCN is horrible and finding anything useful very difficult. I guess that is why so few people visit here anymore.

Anyway we went ahead and backed up the QAS  ECC 6.0 EHP 3 system. Saved the upgraded DEC ECC 6.0 EHP 6 systems kernel to a SAR file and updated the QAS EHP 3 systems kernel.

Then we deleted the EHP 3 system database and ran the SQL "CREATE COLLECTION R3QASDATA" on the QAS partition.

After recreating the journal & journal receivers the R3DEVDATA library was restored into the R3QASDATA library.  We ran as4fixfile to restart journaling, installed the license and the QAS system was ready to go.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Matt - good to know the old methods still work. Also good to know that I'm not the only one struggling to find anything useful here. If I'm searching in the IBM i community, using a search field that say "search the community", why should I be surprised when the first 6 results are from the Windows community? (and I need to sort a second time to get iSeries / IBM i results) Thomas should be contacting you shortly to ask for "specifics". Bring back the old yahoo group, says I.

Former Member
0 Kudos

I know you have your answer, but we do the "old" methods with ECC EHP5 monthly.

I'd also like to echo Rick's comment about finding userful information. I believe there is a lot of useful information but it seems too dificult to find. I finally searched under DATABASE to see if I could find the iSeries DB2/400 link but only found every DB2 EXCEPT for DB2/400.

Sigh.