cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SRM and Sourcing integration

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Experts,

Pls help me understand the below as there are overlapping functionality between SRM and sourcing.

1) Given that Registration of suppliers take place in ROS system (SUS) and replicated to ECC followed by synchronization to with SRM, from where should suppliers be replicated to Sourcing system? Is there any standard template that should be used for supplier replication in sourcing?

2) Currently SUS system is used for order collaboration. If we need to use SAP sourcing for strategic sourcing ( Bids, Auctions & contract generation), is it possible to allow supplier to enter responses to Bids and Auctions in the Sourcing system? How can these systems be integrated?

3) Contracts created from Sourcing system can be replicated in SRM as central contracts. Does this work the same for Auctions created in Sourcing system?

4) Is there a SAP document that clearly differentiates the overlapping functionality of SRM and Sourcing?

Thanks & Regards,

Vignesh

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

If I understand correctly you mean SAP esourcing system when you say sourcing system.

1. Suppliers have to be replicated to esourcing from ECC system.

2. E sourcing do not have the facility for Collaberation. So you have to use SUS system only. Bid, auction and contract generation are a separate functionality from Collaberation. So there is no necessity of integration.

Both can work in isolation in different systems.

3. there is no process of replication of auction in e sourcing to SRM. Sources of supply is determined in auction and converted to PO in ECC directly.

4.Bid and Auction are only two overlapping processes in ECC and e sourcing.

With Regards,

Malay

Former Member
0 Kudos

MALAY POTHAL wrote:

HI Malay,

Thanks for your response. I still have clarification regarding points 2 and 4. My questions are in blue. Please clarify my understanding.

Hi,

If I understand correctly you mean SAP esourcing system when you say sourcing system.

1. Suppliers have to be replicated to esourcing from ECC system.

OK

2. E sourcing do not have the facility for Collaberation. So you have to use SUS system only. Bid, auction and contract generation are a separate functionality from Collaberation. So there is no necessity of integration. Both can work in isolation in different systems.

We use the SUS system for allowing the supplier to enter POR, ASN etc ..

But if auctions are created in SAP e-sourcing system, then the bidders will have to enter response for these bids in the sourcing system right ? Please let me know how can I use the SUS system to allow suppliers to enter bid response for Auction created in e-sourcing system?

3. there is no process of replication of auction in e sourcing to SRM. Sources of supply is determined in auction and converted to PO in ECC directly.

Ok

4.Bid and Auction are only two overlapping processes in ECC and e sourcing.

I understand that there is also a supplier registration process available in the e-sourcing system.

As you has mentioned in point 1, if I replicate suppliers from ECC system to e-Sourcing system, will they be able to enter response for Auctions created in e-sourcing system?

With Regards,

Malay

Thanks & Regards,

Vignesh