cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ExchangeProfile...

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Experts,

1.What is Exchange Profile? How it is used in XI?

2. I want to use the removeContext in Message Mapping but i am not able to getting the correct output. Can u explain how to use removeContext in Graphical Mapping.

3. What is use of collapseContext?

If u explian these i am very thank ful to you...

Regards,

Sridhar

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

The exchange profile is an XML document that is stored in the main database of the SAP Exchange Infrastructure (XI). The parameters contained in this document define some basic technical settings. Most of them are initialized automatically during the installation phase, but in some cases the administrator may need to maintain them.

�� The XI provides a maintenance interface for this file. The maintenance screen for the Exchange Profile can be accessed at:

http://<host>:<port>/exchangeProfile

&#56256;&#56452; The <host> above refers to the IS host, and the <port> refers to the base http port of the J2EE engine.

&#56256;&#56452; Settings that are maintained in the Exchange Profile include connection parameters such as hostnames, ports, users, and passwords that allow the various components of the XI to communicate with one another.

Different mapping techniques are available in the XI:

&#56256;&#56459;The Integration Repository includes a graphical mapping editor. It includes built-in functions for value transformations and queue and context handling. There is an interface for writing userdefined functions as well.

&#56256;&#56459;XSLT mappings can be imported into the Integration Repository; java methods can be called from within the XSLT stylesheet.

&#56256;&#56459;If the transformation is very complex, it may be easiest to leverage the power of Java for mapping.

&#56256;&#56459;ABAP mapping programs can also be written to transform the message structures.

Graphical mapping tool

&#56256;&#56452;Graphically define mapping rules between source and target

message types

&#56256;&#56452;Queue-based model allows for handling of extremely large

documents

&#56256;&#56452;Drag-and-drop

&#56256;&#56452;Generates internal Java code

&#56256;&#56452;Built-in and user-defined functions (in Java)

&#56256;&#56452;Integrated testing tool

&#56256;&#56452;N:M mapping possible – for use with BPM only!

Will Let you know about CONTEXT usage shortly .

Regards

Rahul

• Please award points if help is useful *****

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi ,

thx for giving the helpful answer.

regards,

sridhar

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Sridhar,

Please check this help for more information on Exchange Profile:

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nw04/helpdata/en/ea/f02840d89d185de10000000a1550b0/frameset.htm

Also please check this examples given in the weblogs for the node functions:

/people/venkat.donela/blog/2005/06/09/introduction-to-queues-in-message-mapping

/people/sravya.talanki2/blog/2005/08/16/message-mapping-simplified--part-i

/people/sravya.talanki2/blog/2005/12/08/message-mapping-simplified-150-part-ii

/people/claus.wallacher/blog/2006/04/17/replication-of-nodes-using-the-graphical-mapping-tool

---Satish

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI Sridhar,

it would be better to post different questions in different threads.

1) Exchange profile is a xml file that is stored in the main (java) datebase whilw installing XI.

There are a lot of parameters: most of them a connection parameters between the different XI components

2) Both functions are <i>node functions</i>:

If you have to deal with the hierarchy of a message it is sometime neccesary to modify the context of an element. By default the parent element of an element is the context element.

Best to see this if you display the queues (right mouse) in you graphical mapping after creating a test message.

Regards Mario

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi,

This is helped me .

Thanks

Sridhar

Former Member
0 Kudos

Exchange Profile

here all data about your XI server is stored.

removeContext in Graphical Mapping

used to remove context from diferent context in mapping get all data into single context.

collapseContext

same as remove context only duplicate values are supressed.

if slove your problem please close the thread

Regards

Sreeram.G.Reddy

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi ,

Exchange profile contains the set of parameter that are used for the complete functioning of SAP XI components. IT's more of a storage area.

From SAP Help:

<i>The exchange profile is an XML document that is stored in the main database of the SAP Exchange Infrastructure (XI). The parameters contained in this document define certain basic technical settings. Most of them are initialized automatically during the installation phase, but in some cases the administrator may need to maintain them. You can access the maintenance screen at:

http://<host:port>/exchangeProfile</i>;

Check this node functions blog...

/people/sravya.talanki2/blog/2005/12/08/message-mapping-simplified-150-part-ii

Regards,