cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Fields Mandatory Create Travel Request ESS

Former Member
0 Kudos

Good Afternoon.

I need have the Fields Mandatory inclosed in box of the image attach when I Create Travel Request ESS.

I checked the t.code FITVFELD but this not apply for Travel Request , only for Travel Expenses.

How can solve this issue?

Thanks in advance

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

0 Kudos

Please consider also that even in FITVFELD_WEB for trip schema PL, not all fields can be customized/hidden or made mandatory  - see wiki page for more info

http://wiki.sdn.sap.com/wiki/x/dAQ5E

cheers

Sally

Former Member
0 Kudos

I did try setting the field Reason for trip (attach image), but the field not appear mandatory in the portal

Thanks in advance

Regards

Lukas_Weigelt
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Dolly,

the information given by Muhammad and Sally is correct and it should work this way. So let's go over the facts again to see whether there is a misunderstanding somewhere:

• Please state your system Information of ECC and Portal (maybe old SP and there already is a correction)
  • Are you 100% sure you are using WDA? Your screenshot looks like WD4J to me; you can easily confirm this from the point of view of an enduser by rightclicking anywhere within the web scenario. If you get the "usual" context menue from inet explorer, it's WD4J, if you get "more field info" and "display help" it's WDA. Check this, please.
  • Check again, whether you really used the right transaction, FIVTFELD_WEB AND the Right Trip provision variant (and of course your test PERNR should have this provision variant assigned) AND the right schema PL AND the right subcategory "only travel request".

Please check these and get back.

Cheers, Lukas

EDIT: P.S. I customized in my system the way you want to have accomplished and it does work for me.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Lukas.

As shown following attached doument we are working by WDA.  Also we are SAP ECC version 6.04. So version portal actually it´s 7.01 SP6.

We define an entry trip provide variant like 38 for Colombia, as shown following attached doument

In to t.code FITVFELD_WEB we setting in trip schema: PL travel planning in the general data option for the field reason for trip activate mandatory flag, as shown following attached doument.

Can you please check this images and recomend me any sugestion to solve this issue

Thanks a lot

Lukas_Weigelt
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Spooky. Everything looks correct.

'Aight, time to do some coding analysis then. You'll have to externally debug the WebDynpro Component FITE_VC_GENERAL_DATA.

• Go to SE80, WDYN Component, FITE_VC_GENERAL_DATA
  • View GENERAL_DATA_VIEW, Method WDDOMODIFYVIEW, see screenshot 2, Here the field control from the customizing is applied to the UI-Elements in the WD-Runtime, See Screenshot 3, if this doesn't look like this in your system (required=X) then the customizing hasn't been read correctly.

Appended some more Screenshots for better understanding.

If the field control isn't supplied correctly from customizing, then you'd have to Debug Method GET_NEW_FIELD_CONTROL in the Component controller and further debug deeper to find out why the customizing table isn't forwarded correctly.

By the way, what Support package level of EA-HR are you on on your ECC System?

Cheers, Lukas

EDIT: whoops, forgot to append screens.

Former Member
0 Kudos

For the compent EA-HR, we are in the release 604  level 20 (SAPK-60420INEAHR)

You consider if it´s necesary to create a new SAP OSS message to solve this issue .or actually you know any SAP note that you can recomended me,

Regards

Lukas_Weigelt
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

I don't know of any particular SAP-Note for this system behaviour. The only Note I know of concerning "Customer" at all is 1731843, but this doesn't fit on your problem. Aside from that, Level 20 is really, really old. This means your system hasn't been patched for about 3 years or even longer. If you open an OSS message, the first suggestion you will receive is "patch your system to the highest Support level", this would be 52 or something at the moment.

As Jan has said, there are of course means of altering the WebDynpro behaviour via Enhancements ( I'm not a friend of component and application configurations because they overlap with the standard, will count as modification and sometimes cause problems when transported. ). You could do a post Exit in WDDOMODIFYVIEW in GENERAL_DATA_VIEW, cast down the UI-tree on "CUSTOMER" and manipulate the property "state" directly to achieve what the customing table doesn't.

But bottom-line, really, I recommend you to update your system. The problem you have right now won't be the last, I'm sure. 😕

Cheers, Lukas

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

If you can't get it to work with fitvfeld_web you always have the option of doing it through Application configuration (execute the application in admin mode (shift+F8) and right click->setting for current configuration). Or through a simple enhancement of the WD component.

Let me know if you need any help with any of these two options.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Jan Using enhancement of the WD component How can get this?

Regards

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Dolly,

Try this as a post exit enhancement to wddomodifyview:

cl_fitv_wd_util=>ui_set_required( io_view = view iv_id = 'CUSTOMER' iv_required = abap_true ).

Does that work?

Br JAn

Lukas_Weigelt
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Jan Thomas Nygaard wrote:

Hi Dolly,

Try this as a post exit enhancement to wddomodifyview:

cl_fitv_wd_util=>ui_set_required( io_view = view iv_id = 'CUSTOMER' iv_required = abap_true ).

Does that work?

Br JAn

Of course this will work. After that there'll only be about 600-700 problems left that have been corrected within SPs 21-52, which can all be solved by enhancements because a customer refuses to update his system.... oh well

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Lukas,

Its not that I don't agree with you. I simply provide an answer to Dolly's specific question. I'm sure you have a better overview than me of the drawbacks Dolly will have by not updating the system.

Br Jan

Lukas_Weigelt
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Jan,

sorry if my last post sounded offending to you, that wasn't my intention. If you get to know me better, you'll take my sarcasm-outbreaks less seriouss

I'm sure you have a better overview than me of the drawbacks Dolly will have by not updating the system.

Not necessarily, and I don't think of myself to be superior to you or anybody. It's merely frustrating for me to post detailed help in a discussion and then learning about the most likely and conicidently dull cause of the problem in the tenth post of the opening poster. You posted quality information which will solve the particular problem, the one thing that makes me grumpy here, is that your help will most probably be misused to avoid updating the system...

Cheers, Lukas

Former Member
0 Kudos

Not offended at all and will put a big smiley here to prove it

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks you.

The two are gurus of SAP.

Regards

Lukas_Weigelt
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Dolly P wrote:

Thanks you.

The two are gurus of SAP.

Regards

Lol'd . Thanks for the kudos, although I'm pretty sure we're just plain folk trying to give some advice. Since you marked one of my analysis approaches as correct, would you mind elaborating what exactly was going wrong and how you rectified it? This would help others who have a similar problem and stumble upon this thread.

Cheers, Lukas

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Please use t-code FITVFELD_WEB for ESS instead of FITVFELD ...

FITVFELD t-code is use in ECC only..

Regards,

Muhammad Umer

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hii Dolly,

to make it mandatory, you can set through ESS > Content Administration > Portal Content then look for Create Travel Request iView, preview it then at the field you want to set it as mandatory, use button Ctrl + right click, then set field as mandatory.

hope it helps.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Inez.

This apply for applications WDJava. I am using applications WDA.

Thanks

Regards