cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Processing an IDOC from ECC 5 back to itself using PI 7.0

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello All,

I am having an issue with a Business process that I cannot see the solution to... First I have a working solution in our "QA" environment, but when I have replicated the situation in Production it does not work. 

Here is the process flow:

1. A flatfile is picked up by PI and placed on ECC 5.0 as an IDOC; the mapping takes place inside PI. 

2. The IDOC is returned from ECC 5.0 and reprocessed into 2 IDOCs and sent back to Ecc 5.0  The reporcessing uses a branching to get 2 IDOCs from 1 incoming IDOC.

This is working in QA, but in Production, I can get the IDOCs to arrive on ECC 5.0 but the process of sending back to PI is never started.  There are no errors, to logs, no nothing. 

Can someone point me to some blogs or documents that would describe this sort of action? 

Thank you.

Rich

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

MichalKrawczyk
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

hi,

I can recommend my book as a good source of IDOC error searching :

http://www.sap-press.com/products/Mastering-IDoc-Business-Scenarios-with-SAP-NetWeaver-PI.html

with this you will know where to look for in case of any issues

Regards,

Michal Krawczyk

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Richard,

you have to set the "Trigger immediately" option in the partner profile. This can be done individually for every combination of partner/message code/message function/message type. If you send the IDocs from two different locations that have to be processed differently, make use of the message code and message function to further discriminate the messages (fields MESCOD and MESFCT in the IDoc header EDIDC.)

Best Regards,

Sagarika