\\ InfoObject 2

\\\ InfoObject 3

\\\\ InfoObject Demand Planner

\\\\\ InfoObject 4

\\\\\\ InfoObject 5

\\\\\\\ Material

\Plant

\Product Family

there are close to 300,000 CVCs, and they are not using aggregates, so loading Sales Org/Demand Planner takes around 2 hours (so they tell me).

My understanding is using a Sales Org/Demand Planner aggregate would reduce drastically the access time at that level, since instead of aggregating 300,000 CVCs the planning book should be able to read directly the aggregated values. This should be the same processing load as reading a single CVC.

Is this right?

a colleague just did some performance testing for another client and could only gain 30% performance by using high-level aggregates with a similar amount of CVCs.

Any idea why?

I expected a gain of 80% or 90%, from "aggregation of 3000,000 CVCs" to "read one aggregate" : are there other parameters that need to be specified?

what could we do to gain additional performance?

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

rajkj
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Hugues,

Your statement is correct. With aggregates, we normally expect performance improvement. However, the %improvement is influenced by different factors such as the characteristics selected for aggregate, their values, maintained notes, fixed key figure values, etc.

Please check the following SAP note for a better understanding on DP fixed aggregates.

https://service.sap.com/sap/support/notes/503363

To ensure performance improvement, you need to use 'Toolbox for Planning Object Structures' to repair indexes, create statistics, and eliminate duplicates (Use t.code /SAPAPO/MSDP_ADMIN, select your POS, and right click on it to get the context menu and select 'Manage Performance' option.

Thanks,
Rajesh

Former Member
0 Kudos

THanks Rajesh for your answer, I will look at this toolbox and see what can be done. the note is actuallt what I based my thoughts on, but thanks anyway it might be useful to other people.

Hugues

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hugues ,

The aggregate on Sales Org - Demand Planner combination may itself have couple of Aggregate CVCS in it, it may not be just one CVC. Unless you are loading just one Salesorg/Demand Planner combination , it will be more than one CVC that you are actually loading. (you can check this using grouping condition in /SAPAPO/MC62).

Anyways, theoretically. if your one particular sales org -Demand Planner combination are included in lets say 700 CVCS, when you load that one Aggregate CVC, it should improve the read access by some X times, but in my past experience , this has not been the case, There  was some improvement for sure. Please make sure you are did not include other chars in your selection other than those included in the Aggregate.

Also you may include other regularly used Chars by your planners in interactive planning within the Aggregate like infoobject 1, info object 2, info object 3 in your aggregate as long as - you dont increase the number of CVCS in the aggregate while adding each one to the aggregate,  This way, you can benefit in terms of performance improvement while loading any of levels Sales Org to, infoobject 1, 2, 3...Demand Planner.

You can improve performance in Interactive planning by limiting the number of Key figures you include in the dataview. I am not saying eliminate the entire usage of Keyfigures altogether, just remove them from your current view where performance matters and have additional dataview that can accommodate these KFs.

Key figure  can be split into several  groupigns based on Business function and then assigned to separate Dataviews.

You might see instant performance improvement this way.

If you have a lot of Navigational attributes, please review  how may of them you really use and want to retain, if possible you could cut down on these.

Hope this helps,

Hari Vomkarey

Former Member
0 Kudos

thanks for your answer Hari.

Sadly, I already devided the planning books into the smallest possible Data Views so I can’t optimize that anymore. I’m really trying to dig into the performance of Fixed Aggregates.

Thanks again,

Hugues