cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

creating tabular routing via webservice

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I would like to create a tabular routing with normal and  optional steps via webservice in ME 6.0.

I would expect to have a tag for TabularStepType in segment RouterStepList.RouterStep of ChangeRouter Webservice. But according to Web Service Guide there is no such tag.

How does the request have to look like to create a tabular routing? Is it possible at all?

Thanks for your help

Ulrike

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Tabular routings are not obsolete, but we don't anticipate many changes to this feature.

Tabular routings are really just normal graphical routings with a simplified view of the steps.  Behind the scenes, the steps are just the normal routing steps or step groups needed to implement the tabular routing step types. 

Tabular routings have steps and next step links just like a graphical routing.  We just hide the complexity from the user for a few simple scenarios (normal, optional, any order and simultanous).  Optional steps are just steps with a next step link around the optional step.

If you look at the exported routing, you will see the graphical step entities that you need to create.

For these reasons, we decided to not have a unique web service to import tabular routings.  You can do everything with the graphical routing that can be done with tabular.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Mike,

can you please tell me what's the easiest way is for exporting the routing? FindRouterByBasicData Webservice does not have all the necessary details in its response.

Thanks

Ulrike

Former Member
0 Kudos

You can use Configuration Data Transfer Export, from the Site-to-Site Production menu in ME.  Just create a configuration transfer template for the router data only, and export the data.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Or you can use DataXchange.  That exports most of the columns in the tables.

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

0 Kudos

Hi Ulrike,

If you check a webservice in SOAP UI you can see there optional tags too. If there is no such tag, I bet it is not possible.

Regards,

Alex.

0 Kudos

Hi Ulrike,

There is no such tag indeed. It is likely that design of WS does not consider creation of tabular routers at all because this is the very basic implementation of routers in ME, and graphical routers offer more advantages. So, the latter one is taken as a standard now.

I guess it is possible to create tabular router by means on DataXchange. The implementation of tabular routers has not been enhanced for a while and thus I would expect them to be tread as an obsolete feature.

Regards,

Sergiy