cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

PR Getting Created instead of a PO

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Experts,

I am currently facing issues with Automatic PO creation. I am Classic Scenario with SRM 7.0(Ehp 1) and R/3 4.7 Backend.

I have set the number ranges in R/3 and SRM. I have done the configuration for follow-on objects in SRM to create a PO if the item is complete. I have maintained the number ranges for PR and PO in SRM and set it as external in R/3.

When I create a limit SC, then it creates a PO in R/3. I am using the standard document type NB in R/3.

When I create a SC from the MDM catalog, it goes through as a PR. I checked in BBP_PD and find that its a fixed supplier with partner function 19. On the PR in R/3, it comes as a fixed supplier and even when I converted it to a PO, it went through without any error messages.

The only thing I could not do was maintain PO type NB in the BSA attribute. I maintained PR type NB. I could not find PO type NB in the drop down for BSA.

Could this be the issue? If yes, how do I fix it. And also how did the limit PO get created.

Please help!

Thanks

Hari

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

ricardo_cavedini
Employee
Employee
0 Kudos

Hello,

Is there a contract assigned as source of supply? If so, check if table T161A is customized properly in ECC system.

Even for POs, such table should be customized with contract data.

You can refer note 1173815 to get some debug hints.

Regards,

Ricardo

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ricardo,

Your reply helped. What I didnt mention was I was creating free-text SC's. When I created one with a material, then it created a PO automatically. I did see an inforecord coming up on the source of supply in the SC. Could this be the issue? Is the backend expecting a Info record for the free-text at Product Category level? If so, is there any place where I can disable it?

Thanks

Hari

former_member208675
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

It looks like, you have setup info record for product/material.

Use Txn ME15 for same. You just have to flag for deletion.

Regards,

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Please check in below customization path that what follow on document you have maintained for the combination purchase group and category id.

This customization settings are required to create the which follow on document system has to created.

SPRO > Cross application settings > Define Objects in Back end system (Purch, Reqs,reservations ,Purch orders).

Regards,

Naga.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Naga,

I have maintained

Purchasing Group 5XXXX3      *       Always External Proc     Purchase Order if item data Complete

I am able to create PO for limit items. I cannot do so for Catalog items even though the supplier partner function is 19 and comes up as fixed supply on PO.

Thanks

Hari

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Hari,

Then please see the information which are in below link and analyse.

http://wiki.sdn.sap.com/wiki/display/SRM/Follow-on+document+determination+%28PR,+PO,RS%29

I hope this will really helpful to you.

Regards,

Naga.