cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Location of the upload files.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

We have a process where the Quality Cerrificates for the Material batches are uploaded to DMS via CV01N.

Now we have a requirement, where the certificates need to be sent through a email as attachments, but I am not able to find the location of the documents.

I found this thread http://scn.sap.com/thread/2095224 and checked the tables

DRAW - Document Info Record

DRAT - Texts for Document Info Records

DRAZ - Table for Additional Files for DMS Originals

DRAO - Originals for documents

I could see the storage type as "SAP System Database" from the system settings.

Is there any other way to locate the documents so that they can be picked and attached to email by a custom program?

Regards,

Ajit Chand P

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi,

If in ur system DMS storage type is SAP content srever then u r not able to retrive the original file physically, the best way is that to execute the particualr tarnsaction in display mode, reterive ur file or directly send the email from that transaction.

Regards

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Shailendra,

Thanks for the info. But is there anyway to directly send the attachment from CV03N? I checked in Services for object but with no luck.

Regards,

Ajit

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Just wanted to know how the documents are stored when the storage system is SAP Database, since the uploaded documents can be retrieved in CV03N transaction.

In my case, in each delivery there will be multiple batches for multiple line items and the documents are to be sent in a single mail.

Regards,

Ajit

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

0 Kudos

Hi,

In this case you can use Document Distribution. In this a document can be sent to external mail ID with originals as a attachment.

You need to select distribution type

INT - E-Mail   (Originals as attachment)

I hope this will help you.

Regards,

Atul

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Atul,

Where to do this setting?

Rgds,

Ajit

0 Kudos

In CV03N -> Environment -> Document Distribution -> Start distribution

- enter mail address in recipient name

- then select INT in Type

- Execute

- see the log in CVI9

- Status must be OK (Green)

Hope this will help you. rewards point will be appreciated.

regards,

Atul

0 Kudos

Prior to distribution you have to activate the SAP business workflow and event type linkages. Check this settings in IMG under document distribution.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Atul,

This seems a lot. Will check the settings and try it out.

Regards,

Ajit