cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SAP Content Server (Use in other Modules/Systems)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

I have a couple question relating to the use of the SAP Content Server in other modules. Currently we have users storing documents directly onto the SAP Database via 3 seperate systems namely; SRM, GRC, HR (Talent Management - Performance Management) these are all seperate systems connect to our ECC6 system. I would much prefer these documents get stored into the SAP Content server instead for a number of reasons.

I am very familar with SAP DMS & ArchiveLink & understand how to store these documents into the Content Server but do not know for the other modules. I am also familar with setting up the Content Repository & Storage Category via OAC0 & OACT

My Questions:

1) Can SRM documents be stored into the SAP Content Server rather than the SAP DB? Where do I make the config changes to enable this? How do I migrate the documents currently stored in the SAP DB into the SAP Content Server?

2) Can GRC documents be stored into the SAP Content Server rather than the SAP DB? Where do I make the config changes to enable this? How do I migrate the documents currently stored in the SAP DB into the SAP Content Server?

3) Can Talent Management(Performance Management) documents be stored into the SAP Content Server rather than the SAP DB? Where do I make the config changes to enable this? How do I migrate the documents currently stored in the SAP DB into the SAP Content Server?

Kind Regards,

Neil

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

amit_maheshwari2
Contributor
0 Kudos

HI Neil,

This can be achieved with the help of skpr08 transaction. You have to find out the right PHIO class for your scenario.

Then you have to check whether the value of Maint. of cat. for respective PHIO class in table SDOKPHCL. This value has to be X. If not, it can be updated directly in the table or can be influened with the help of transaction DMWB.

Once Maint. of cat. is maintained for respective class in SDOKPHCL, then you can define new content server repository in transaction SDOKPHCL.

This cange of configuration will move only new document to content server. For existing documents, you have to carry out the migration.

Cheers

A

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Amit,

Thank you very much for the response.

I will be carrying out the config steps only in a couple weeks time but what you have said makes perfect logical sense.

The trick is going to be figuring out the correct PHIO class for the scenrios.

Am I correct in assumming the following:

1) Transaction: SKPR08 is only used to mapped old storage category to new storage category?

2) The filed "Maint. of cat." in table SDOKPHCL is the same as "STORAGE_CATEGORY_MAINT" when going via DMWB to the PHIO Classes for the object?

3) If I make the change users will still be able to access the documents stored in the old storage category?

4) I would be able to use the program "DMS_RELOCATE_CONTENT" to migrate the documents from the old storage category to the new one?

Thanks again for the reply,

N

amit_maheshwari2
Contributor
0 Kudos

Neil,

Please find the answers

1) Transaction: SKPR08 is only used to mapped old storage category to new storage category?

Yes.

2) The filed "Maint. of cat." in table SDOKPHCL is the same as "STORAGE_CATEGORY_MAINT" when going via DMWB to the PHIO Classes for the object?

Yes.

3) If I make the change users will still be able to access the documents stored in the old storage category?

Yes.

4) I would be able to use the program "DMS_RELOCATE_CONTENT" to migrate the documents from the old storage category to the new one?

Report RSIRPIRL can be used for same.

Cheers

A

Answers (0)