cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

sqldbc sources for compiling maxdb extension for last php 5.4.7 / MaxDB 7.8.02.28 ?

fabricebourdel
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi all,

We have brand new machines and trying to have last version of sqldbc sources for compiling under php 5.4.7, for using MaxDB 7.8.02.28 x86_64 bits version for Linux.

The last source package i found is maxdb-7.6.00.37 from 2007-04-21 !!! just a i bit old ! found on http://pecl.php.net/package/maxdb

I have not found any information on sap web site ? maybe someone could tell me where i shoud download what i need !

Cheers !

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

thomasschulz2
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Fabrice,

yes - it's rather old!

We are using PHP 5.3 with MaxDB 7.6. From the source package of 7.6 (... .tgz) we extract the archive  SDBODBC.tgz, which contains all needed files for compiling php. I suppose, that this works for 7.8 too.

Regards,

Thomas

fabricebourdel
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Thomas,

thanks for your response !

Your solution, finding the source package, sounds very good, but on the sap web site :
http://www.sdn.sap.com/irj/scn/maxdb-downloads

i just find "installable/executable" version, not containing any ".c" files, specialy for php_maxdb the php_maxdb.c and php_maxdb.

I know that for a long time the source code of MaxDB was ok to download, but this is far away ! Nevertheless, i should find or the source code of MaxDB, or of only SQLDBC...

If you have any idea of the location of the source code it would be great !

Best regards

F.Bourdel

fabricebourdel
Participant
0 Kudos

.. i should have better use "php_maxdb" source (that use SQLDBC) in the object of my question....

fabricebourdel
Participant
0 Kudos

.. i should have better use "php_maxdb" source (that use SQLDBC) in the object of my question....

thomasschulz2
Participant
0 Kudos

OK - I see. Our solution covers the way via "--with-sapdb" plus ODBC drivers from MaxDB while configuring PHP. Our last successful tests with "--with-maxdb" are a long time ago and based on older versions.

Regards,

Thomas

fabricebourdel
Participant
0 Kudos

yes, that's the case !

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Thomas,

i am trying to configure php 5.4 with MaxDB and MaxDB ext. ( -with--maxdb) which is not working, i found your posting and switched to ODBC trying to configure php with ( -with--sapdb) but it is somehow not working ( apache is crashing - segment fault 11 - ) in the phpinfo i have ODBC now! and odbc on the command shell is working (isql) so the Problem i have is with the php connection to the DB maybe!

Could you please post the configurations' Parameter that i can see where i am making a mistake:

-with-sapdb= ?

libsqlod.so is the MaxDB odbc connector right? how to do you bring it into the game?

do you use the parm.: --with-custom-odbc=/usr/local/unixODBC ?

thanks alot

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Fabrice,

for building the MaxDB PHP extension you do not need the source code of SQLDBC. The newest headerfiles and libraries are enought for builing and they are copied during the MaxDB installtion as SQLDBC Client installation to <installtion_path>/ sdk/sqldbc.

But you can stay at your 7.6 compilation since MaxDB 7.8 supports older clients.

Kind regards,

Burkhard